+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Lost all faith in Davis

re: Lost all faith in Davis

I fully agree with DGFG and also wonder about Tate and the lack of information coming out of the club towards the guys who continue to support them.
    Apart from Bowler can anyone tell me what, if any, contribution the other directors make towards the running or the success of our football club

Quote Originally Posted by OgerAlex
    Lost all faith in the guy. Davis out.

Really??

Quote Originally Posted by PAULCAFC
    My new found optimism has gone after today's result ...

And now?

Quote Originally Posted by somersetcrewe
    Lost all faith in the guy. Davis out.

Really??[/quote]

1 win in 8. Bottom of the league. Perspective.

For Heaven's sake, were you at the match? If you were then the perspective is that it was a "together" team performance from the guys on the pitch to the guys on the sidelines. Great management by Davis from start to finish.

Ah perspective, something that always depends upon your viewpoint and the timeframe being used.

[quote="Timmy58" team performance from the guys on the pitch to the guys on the sidelines. Great management by Davis from start to finish.[/quote]

What's your point? What about the past 18 months?

Quote Originally Posted by AstonAlex
    Ah perspective, something that always depends upon your viewpoint and the timeframe being used.
    My perspective spans nearly 2 years, not the 13 months that a limited amount of Crewe fans keep harping back to. Yes he got us promoted, yes we won the JPT (the JPT, a cup that nobody takes seriously until the area finals), but since then, it has been a complete shambles.

Personally not lost all faith in him but don't see how he suddenly becomes immune from criticism just because of one win over the league leaders.

By the way, it does n't sit particularly comfortably with me that the win was achieved with 5 loan players in the starting eleven (not a reflection on their efforts which were tremendous yesterday).

If we can beat the best team in the league then that suggests we've been underperforming in a lot of the other games and surely first team performance is the manager's primary accountability.

In fairness, I don't think he's had a lot of luck, he deserves credit for sticking to his guns and eventually bringing in the loan players he wanted (took far too long, not sure why).

Of the players he's signed permanently over the last two summers, only one was in the starting eleven yesterday.

There's just no point in the thread if opinions turn on the basis of every result - I did n't lose all faith in him because we lost at S****horpe but all the iss

As I said earlier on this thread, SD should not be immune to criticism, particularly in my opinion about his indecisive use of substitutes, something I think he did pretty well on yesterday as a matter of fact - well, better than usual anyway!

I also agree that we have not been great since the JPT final but his loanees have been better than average with notable successes in Chuks, Inman, LDV and this season's crop. Some of his permanent signings haven't worked out so well, but we were all desperate to get Inman, for example, who really hasn't looked like the same player.

After the disastrous start he identified sorting out the defence as his main priority and, after a few changes in formation, I think he has the right one and he is now addressing the scoring of goals. . . no good scoring every match if they are flying in at the other end.

There are too many (nos mentioned, itwasin) who say nothing when we win but, as soon as we lose, its gloom and despair and sack the manager.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast