+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Lost all faith in Davis

re: Lost all faith in Davis

Quote Originally Posted by alexmick
    Just cannot give the guy the benefit of doubt anymore. He's been allowed to bring in decent loans and LDV signed up. To not beat S****horpe is simply not good enough. Lost all faith in the guy. Davis out.
    Looked pretty even judging by the stats regarding possession, but obviously they created by far the more chances (20 shots to the Alex's 9). Equal on corners at 6 each.

We have sunk back a mile following this defeat and the Yeovil demolition of Oldham (4-0 victory away... football is a crazy old game), leaving us a massive 6 points adrift of safety.

That is a bad result, but can we really blame the manager? I don't think we can. We were all singing his praises after he brought in those 3 strikers. Now one defeat and it is curtains. He has done his best and loans are as he explains a massive gamble. I will give an opinion in the New Year, following the tough tasks ahead. And

Quote Originally Posted by somersetcrewe
    He does seem to favour loan players over our younger talent coming through.

With respect, what else did you expect him to do?

Play Billy Waters and George Cooper a bit more, what's so wrong with that?

Somerset your support of the manager is to be admired, but how can you not let people criticise him...have you looked at the league table and goal differences recently?

Just a thought in regards to the loanees. Leigh (who I do quite like) back to City, and Tootle to LB/LWB? Getting Tate back has surely got to be the priority (and extending Uche), so unfortunately, someone has to go.

Quote Originally Posted by RedandWhiteSpartan
    He does seem to favour loan players over our younger talent coming through.

With respect, what else did you expect him to do?

Play Billy Waters and George Cooper a bit more, what's so wrong with that?

Somerset your support of the manager is to be admired, but how can you not let people criticise him...have you looked at the league table and goal differences recently?[/quote]

Agreed, Red & White. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and most on here give a balanced view anyway. It is when posters start to get nasty with others because of differing views, that I get annoyed. It has been very civilised of late and that is how we want it to stay.

Quote Originally Posted by RedandWhiteSpartan
    Somerset your support of the manager is to be admired, but how can you not let people criticise him...have you looked at the league table and goal differences recently?

With respect, not let people criticise him??
    When have I ever done that ... ...??

Quote Originally Posted by somersetcrewe
    It’s all about balance. Criticise when it’s time to criticise and praise when it’s time to praise ...

Steve's got a lot wrong this season, starting with the Barnsley home league game. But it doesn't mean he still isn't the right man for the job!

And I see he's received the award from the LMA for Performance Of The Week - and that in the same weekend that MK buried a potential promotion rival.
    That's worth celebrating surely - but you know like I do, the usual suspects just can't find it in themselves!!

Yeah, I know, I said I'd zip it!
    I will now!

For me it's not that I've lost faith in Steve Davis, it's I don't fully trust him or that he has Crewe Alexandra's best intrest at heart. I suppose we've been spoilt lately with Dario and even Steve Holland, in that they both in their own way were very committed to what they thought was best for the club, with Steve I get the impression Steve is doing what is best for himself and sees Crewe as just a stepping stone on his way to greater things, even if that means having to hang around using The Alex and it's niave loyal ways of doing things even through bad times to ensure he's still in the game and should things get better he can go without so much as a kiss my arse at the first offer that comes his way.

So for me it's like a relationship we've all probably had when we were younger, in that you don't want to be the one that is dumped. So keep Steve for this season whilst looking around at the other talent that's around and say goodbye at the end of this season before he does the same

Quote Originally Posted by CrewieFlyboy
    For me it's not that I've lost faith in Steve Davis, it's I don't fully trust him or that he has Crewe Alexandra's best intrest at heart. I suppose we've been spoilt lately with Dario and even Steve Holland, in that they both in their own way were very committed to what they thought was best for the club, with Steve I get the impression Steve is doing what is best for himself and sees Crewe as just a stepping stone on his way to greater things, even if that means having to hang around using The Alex and it's niave loyal ways of doing things even through bad times to ensure he's still in the game and should things get better he can go without so much as a kiss my arse at the first offer that comes his way.
    I have some difficulty with this.

When Dario came to the Alex he did so knowing we were a Div 4 cub, not non-league. He then thought long and hard about taking the FA offer and turned it down. Steve Holland made it clear th

I appreciate football management is not a monastery, but I wouldn’t expect either that a manger of any club would having had a taste of a comparative small level of success as Steve had getting The Alex promoted would quite so vigorously push his forward for vacant positions at other clubs as Steve did.

I am also aware that Dario and Steve Holland both turned down other jobs whilst at The Alex, with Dario it was Porto and Leicester City to but two and Steve Holland turned down coaching roles with other clubs too.

As for my working life I stayed loyal to one job until my retirement through both good times and bad and have the repayment for that loyalty in that I have been able to take early retirement from the RAF. So guess it’s all about perspective

[quote="CrewieFlyboy"]For me it's not that I've lost faith in Steve Davis, it's I don't fully trust him or that he has Crewe Alexandra's best intrest at heart. I suppose we've been spoilt lately with Dario and even Steve Holland, in that they both in their own way were very committed to what they thought was best for the club, with Steve I get the impression Steve is doing what is best for himself and sees Crewe as just a stepping stone on his way to greater things, even if that means having to hang around using The Alex and it's niave loyal ways of doing things even through bad times to ensure he's still in the game and should things get better he can go without so much as a kiss my arse at the first offer that comes his way.

So for me it's like a relationship we've all probably had when we were younger, in that you don't want to be the one that is dumped. So keep Steve for this season whilst looking around at the other talent that's around and say goodbye

Quote Originally Posted by DannyCol
    Lost all faith in the guy. Davis out.

Really??[/quote]

1 win in 8. Bottom of the league. Perspective.[/quote]
    2 wins out of the last 2 games including a win over the top of the league, yes Dannyboy it's all about perspective no longer bottom and moving in the right direction.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast