+ Visit Nottingham Forest FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Easy win for Amir Khan

Easy win for Amir Khan

No contest. I scored it 117-11, but that's being generous even. The judges scored it 118-110, 119 - 109 and 120- 108.

Has he done enough to get a Mayweather contest? Yes, but the public still prefers FM v MP.
    But it should be interesting seeing Amir trying to out punch the defensive maestro that is Mayweather. I still think if he tried to be quick, he'll get knocked down and he's been down 8 times in his career.

Maybe Kell Brook would be a better opponent.

re: Easy win for Amir Khan

I'm very shocked at the victory last night.dont think iv seen many fights at the top level where it's been so one sided.he won it from start to finish and I must say I was very shocked and impressed with how khan fought.i think he now realises he doesn't have to knock someone out to win the fight.he use to try and blast his way through opponents but with a chin like he has he will always come unstuck against someone with a half decent puch.if he can box like last night from now on he stands a very good chance of doing very well against the top two.

2015 is going to be a real bumper year for us boxing fans.

So many interesting and potential match-ups, even in the heavyweight division. Wladimir might really have a true challenger in Wilder.

But of course, we hope for a Pacquiao v Mayweather contest. Even if it's 4 years too late and even if Mayweather will probably win by being defensive, it should be a very good fight and might be the best one we've had since Tyson v Holyfield II.

Quote Originally Posted by Polish_ForestMad
    I'm very shocked at the victory last night.dont think iv seen many fights at the top level where it's been so one sided.he won it from start to finish and I must say I was very shocked and impressed with how khan fought.i think he now realises he doesn't have to knock someone out to win the fight.he use to try and blast his way through opponents but with a chin like he has he will always come unstuck against someone with a half decent puch.if he can box like last night from now on he stands a very good chance of doing very well against the top two.
    He now as a coach who is brilliant at the defensive attributes, Freddie Roach is excellent for the attacking style of boxing but Khan was to gunno but now he fights more with his brain.