+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: "We're gonna win the league ... apparently".

re: "We're gonna win the league ... apparently".

to play devils advocate, if any of what he came out with was said in the forums he'd be shot down as a "happy clapper"

I thought he came across honest as you can get but all managers are like that I suppose think he has one tough tough job on his hands as our first team squad is pretty much Pants and our youth set up worst in a long long time.

All he can do is try as he didn't get is into this mess but has a long time to get us out of it.

I hope we have enough to change things about in January few in few out as we can't score or have no pace.

[quote="Sup3rw3ll"[/quote]

No he wouldn't none of what he said is remotely happy clappie. He talked about mindset and ambition of the individual and being the best they can. All of what he said was what he thinks players should be. He was not trying to explain away the sh1te that they are under warm wooly bland statements that mean hee haw.

If in 6 months time he was explaining away being bottom of the league and the same eye bleeding efforts as no more than we can expect we all just need to "support the team" I stick him straight in the happy clappy club

You average happy clapper will put a shine on a turd will try and explain everything away under we are not "barcelona". Will accept the most turgid of efforts and try and tell us guys like Vigurs are merely misunderstood and that everything is fine and acceptable because "We Are Motherw

Quote Originally Posted by Half_Can_Dan
    I thought he came across honest as you can get but all managers are like that I suppose think he has one tough tough job on his hands as our first team squad is pretty much Pants and our youth set up worst in a long long time.

All he can do is try as he didn't get is into this mess but has a long time to get us out of it.

I hope we have enough to change things about in January few in few out as we can't score or have no pace.
    There was an inference without actually saying it in his interview that some changes may be possible in January, which is a relief cos if their isn't he's on a one way ticket down to the championship.

Quote Originally Posted by steviex

There was an inference without actually saying it in his interview that some changes may be possible in January, which is a relief cos if their isn't he's on a one way ticket down to the championship.
    Thats how I interpreted it. Not much money available as we all know but there may be some scope to wheel and deal.

The view to accept mid table mediocrity is not just a football thing, it covers Scottish sport in general. My sons coach says it's a Scottish mentality, always looking to talk each other down, no belief. Look at the Scottish national team. Before a ball is kicked in the group they were talking about play off spots, not topping the group. I think Baraclough chose his words well, he never made himself look like a clown by claiming we were going to win it, but it's a mind set he wants his players to have. Nothing wrong with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Wellup4it

Thats how I interpreted it. Not much money available as we all know but there may be some scope to wheel and deal.[/quote]

He will realise very soon that he doesn't have the players that can play the way he wants. he wants the opposition pressed all the time close them down and don't give them space. Something many on here have been screaming for for months. however you will never train / coach pace into Vigurs, Lasley, Carswell , Lawson and Law. All slower than a week in jail and frankly the root of most of our problems.

Quote Originally Posted by wellin
    The view to accept mid table mediocrity is not just a football thing, it covers Scottish sport in general. My sons coach says it's a Scottish mentality, always looking to talk each other down, no belief. Look at the Scottish national team. Before a ball is kicked in the group they were talking about play off spots, not topping the group. I think Baraclough chose his words well, he never made himself look like a clown by claiming we were going to win it, but it's a mind set he wants his players to have. Nothing wrong with that.
    100% correct.The number of times both the National Rugby and Football teams explain defeats away as a good learing curve over the last 40 years we should be feckin world beaters. We never learn anything and always want to pre prepare with statements of mediocrity. Just look at the faces coaching and managing in the SPFL just the same re hashed faces that have been achieving nothing for years.

They in turn are

I also think he will be looking for a more commanding (and Taller) keeper.

Quote Originally Posted by steviex

He will realise very soon that he doesn't have the players that can play the way he wants. he wants the opposition pressed all the time close them down and don't give them space. Something many on here have been screaming for for months. however you will never train / coach pace into Vigurs, Lasley, Carswell , Lawson and Law. All slower than a week in jail and frankly the root of most of our problems.
    Agreed Stevie. The midfield is totally imbalanced. Whilst we would all like world class players to come in that just isn't going to happen on our budget. A good side needs to be an optimum mix of types. Realistically what we need is one or two reasonably fast players with a determined aggressive demeanour who put in a good shift. Leave the skill to others. Such players need not come expensively as the likes of Ross County, Inverness and Hamilton have proved.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)