+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Another club bites the dust ...

Another club bites the dust ...

Hereford United wound up today. - view external link

re: Another club bites the dust ...

Now if there is one club I couldn't care less about...it's Hereford.

Sad to see any club go under.

Sad news.

More clubs to follow and a lot of that can be blamed on the greed in the PL.

Positive side of it is Hereford will be back as another club with the same so hopefully they can climb the leagues like Darlington, Scarborough and Halifax have.

Quote Originally Posted by the_idiotb_stardson
    There are a number of clubs in the Premiership that probably pay some of their players more in one week than Hereford owe in debts. I care far less about those clubs e.g. Man City (who used to be my 2nd club).

Anyone over 50 can't fail to remember the day non-league Hereford defeated Newcastle and SuperMac in the FA Cup. What a pitch that was

The punishment of being expelled from the Conference really worked didn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller
    There are a number of clubs in the Premiership that probably pay some of their players more in one week than Hereford owe in debts. I care far less about those clubs e.g. Man City (who used to be my 2nd club).

Anyone over 50 can't fail to remember the day non-league Hereford defeated Newcastle and SuperMac in the FA Cup. What a pitch that was [/quote]

A Prem side wouldn't play in those conditions now, still less play their first team nor probably their second team, I doubt whether the manager would turn up either, probably the youth squad with a second team coach, thats how much respect they give to the little clubs these days.

Gone are the days when the big boys would turn up with the 'stars' of football giving the little guys supporters a chance to see the bigs and a day to remember if they man

Plenty of fake emotion on this thread.

There but for the grace of...etc

I remember the Hereford U v Newcastle U game on tv...also a Millers game there when we dominated and, with the score at 0-0, Nigel Johnson hit the crossbar from about one yard out (he had a habit of doing that) in the 89th minute), then Hereford broke away and scored the winner...despite that I still wish them good luck!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast