+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Another club bites the dust ...

re: Another club bites the dust ...

I do not care about Hereford the club to be honest. But i do care about the impact it will have on the town. The supporters who will miss going down to watch the club on a Saturday. The people who tried to save the club, the history of the club wiped away because not enough people could be bothered while Man Utd , Chelsea ,Man city, Waste millions per week on cutting the ****ing grass or something less important. Wayne Rooney pockets 300 k basic a week for been average, while clubs go to the wall for less . Like i said Hereford really did not impact our history your right IBS. I have been there a number of times with the millers its a dire place... but a bet a good number of fans said the same about our town. but i still love Rotherham, despite all its failings because its home, and always will be. Same goes for the Bulls fans who now don't have a club to watch.

A real shame Not fake emotion just concern the fa does not do enough for struggling clubs .

Quote Originally Posted by Deepmidwinter
    Their fans will be hurting just as much as we were when it looked as though we were going to the wall. It takes a pretty cynical, unfeeling and warped outlook not to feel sympathy for someone in the same position.
    Because goodness is all about how much you care for Hereford United.

I actually find fake emotional responses far more worrying than someone saying they don't care about something, they have no connection with whatsoever.[/quote]

Sympathy and empathy are not fake emotional responses. They are the conditions that make us human and distinguish us from animals[/quote]

Correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Fensmiller
    Now if there is one club I couldn't care less about...it's Hereford.
    There are a number of clubs in the Premiership that probably pay some of their players more in one week than Hereford owe in debts. I care far less about those clubs e.g. Man City (who used to be my 2nd club).

Anyone over 50 can't fail to remember the day non-league Hereford defeated Newcastle and SuperMac in the FA Cup. What a pitch that was [/quote]

A Prem side wouldn't play in those conditions now, still less play their first team nor probably their second team, I doubt whether the manager would turn up either, probably the youth squad with a second team coach, thats how much respect they give to the little clubs these days.

Gone are the days when the big boys would turn up with the 'stars' of football giving the little guys supporters a chance to see

Quote Originally Posted by the_idiotb_stardson
    I have to be honest , I have absolutely no memories of our matches against Hereford. A very unremarkable team who made zero contribution to the Millers history.

I can't believe that people are getting all dewy eyed about this.

It must be the herd mentality. A few fans mouth off a couple off cliches about how tragic it is and then everyone else joins in.

It's Hereford.
    To be honest I unashamedly only watch one team, so unless there's something special about the away day, night out in the town/city we've played at etc or a good home performance I forget all about the opposition.

But I do remember Hereford cos we once stuffed them 6-0! :-)

Ha, well done ibs, youre after zilzals mantle...or could it be you ARE him? Quality post from a quality bell end..

It's a shame to see any club go and on occasions it could have been us. Yes Hereford being a small rural town was always going to struggle but as other postees have said too much money is wasted by Premier League clubs and doesn't filter down.

Good luck to Hereford fans if they reform and start from scratch.

UTM!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123