+ Visit Wigan Athletic FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Toothless with a total lack of fight

Toothless with a total lack of fight

Well, well , well what a shambles today was - absolute garbage. Not been for a few games due to work commitments & judging by todays performance nothing much has changed with the exception that we seem to have gone backwards. WTF is 1 up front at home with a winger as our main strike force # clueless.
    The whole team is so so dodgy that they make Vincent Tan seem quiet respectable!!!!
    The back four are shot to pieces confidence wise, the midfield are so so slow & the strike force is exactly that - 'on strike'.
    Carson's distribution is abysmal, his goal kicks are straight down the middle & almost always goes to or is won by the opposition.
    The whole team lacks any fight or ambition & i'm afraid to say i think Boyce even though he's club captain needs a good rest.
    Mackay doesn't seem to bring anything new to the team , doesn't appear to have galvanised them or got them playing any better then Uwe has & i'm afarid for what is in store for us if 1 point from 15 is anything to go by.
    Doom &

re: Toothless with a total lack of fight

Completely agree.I thought right from the kick off Maloney was uninterested,his main concern seemed to be trying to avoid injury before hi s impending move to Everton.Others were not far behind ,I think Malky has some serious nose to nosing to do if things are to change.Really sick of seeing Rotherham players going in 100 per cent into challenge and Wigan players ducking out.I can accept a lack of ability providing players give 110 per cent for the cause.For most of the season this has not been the case.

Yep think the Rotherham players were more up for it than ours although that has been the case for a fair few games i've seen this season.
    Have to say tho that McCleans tackle in the second half wasn't holding back was it??? Very lucky it wasn't a straight red!!!!

Fair point I forgot about that challenge he should have been sent off .On the whole though there seemed to be a general lack of effort,we need to snap out of it before it's too late.

That is it, I can't see us getting out of this mess, Malky does not seem to have a clue.We all know at this stage we need to win our home games and yet he leaves it until we fall behind again before playing two forwards, if we carry on playing like this division one looms.

The general lack of effort is obvious to see yet it is so destructive in that it transmits to the fans which in turn creates a sh@t atmosphere where the players sense this & tend to go hiding , don't want the ball & creates an even more nervous team.
    Think we need a really good win , 3/4 nil, which may then give the team more confidence & the fans something to 'believe' in ??????????

relax lads, now we have given everyone a head start we can start to play - 24 straight wins in our remaining games and we will definitely make the play offs

Quote Originally Posted by lincolnlatic
    relax lads, now we have given everyone a head start we can start to play - 24 straight wins in our remaining games and we will definitely make the play offs
    Linc
    I'll have a pint of what you've had to drink...hic!!!!
    But like your optimism

Quote Originally Posted by jocklatic
    Linc
    But like your optimism [/quote]

Mate you have to joke about things otherwise it would get you down

Quote Originally Posted by lincolnlatic
    Linc
    But like your optimism [/quote]

Mate you have to joke about things otherwise it would get you down[/quote]

I agrre with you there , sadly when you watch the team play reality sets in & that dowsn't have get you down , but hey ho maybe on my christmas present list to santa he takes note of the 3 points i want at Leeds on boxing day

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)