+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: O/T Disaster - town centre Greggs closes.

O/T Disaster - town centre Greggs closes.

The Gregg's in the old Town Hall has closed. Where will the chubsters get their pasties now? -that only leaves six in the town centre, plus Poundbakery, Staniforth's and Cooplands

re: O/T Disaster - town centre Greggs closes.

They won't starve that's for sure...

Quote Originally Posted by Deepmidwinter
    The Gregg's in the old Town Hall has closed. Where will the chubsters get their pasties now? -that only leaves six in the town centre, plus Poundbakery, Staniforth's and Cooplands

strewth, thats terrible news...maybe we could get a charity shop there...we're a bit short of those...

Someone said there isn't a B&Q in Wigan

Quote Originally Posted by gm_gm
    Someone said there isn't a B&Q in Wigan
    That's probably why Wigan weren't able to put the shutters up

It's a sad state of affairs. It was the "posh" Greggs too with the sit-down cafe. I like to think locals are turning to healthier alternatives rather than getting twice as much in Pound Bakery.

I spoke to Greggs press office who said they'd done a review of locations and decided to close this one.

Having three Greggs (and three Santander branches for that matter) in close proximity does seem excessive but I'd rather have them than more empty units.

That corner of the Old Town Hall is nice to look at with the stained glass artwork. I hope something decent takes it on but I can't help thinking it'll just be another bookies.