+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: v Bolton

re: v Bolton

Quote Originally Posted by DanRrr
    Surely the point is that week in, week out, the players let Bowyer down, both physically and mentally they switch off.
    Dan you have made the "Gary Bowyer out" brigades point for them, working on your assumption that would appear to lay any blame for our underachievement's squarely at GBs feet cause after all isn't that what he is employed to do motivate his players ? don't get me wrong im not calling for his head (just yet) but I do wish he wasn't so nice he could do with a few ruthlessness lessons maybe it would rub off on his team.

Aside from the fact that 3 starters yesterday have 'tasted promotion' in the last 2 seasons, it doesn't abait from the fact that this season, that the players switch off during matches.

But I take it from using stats in your reply that you're at just as stumpted as everyone else as to how to get the players to play for a whopping 90 minutes too then?

I'm stumped at one fact yesterday. Over 90 mins we attacked. We created numerous chances. Most of which hit the target. Hitting the woodwork 5 times suggests we where rather unlucky. That's not lack of motivation at all. Just bad luck. You win some, you lose some. Of those 3 players, who was a regular starter? Who made a telling contribution to promotion, playing week in week out? Cairney? Bit part player for Hull. Tunnicliffe? Steele? Ollson? Henley? Hanley or Duff? Conway? Rhodes of Gestede? Marshall? I'm struggling here a bit? I see lots of players there with no experience of play

Quote Originally Posted by champs95
    Aside from the fact that 3 starters yesterday have 'tasted promotion' in the last 2 seasons, it doesn't abait from the fact that this season, that the players switch off during matches.

But I take it from using stats in your reply that you're at just as stumpted as everyone else as to how to get the players to play for a whopping 90 minutes too then?

I'm stumped at one fact yesterday. Over 90 mins we attacked. We created numerous chances. Most of which hit the target. Hitting the woodwork 5 times suggests we where rather unlucky. That's not lack of motivation at all. Just bad luck. You win some, you lose some. Of those 3 players, who was a regular starter? Who made a telling contribution to promotion, playing week in week out? Cairney? Bit part player for Hull. Tunnicliffe? Steele? Ollson? Henley? Hanley or Duff? Conway? Rhodes of Gestede? Marshall? I'm struggling here a bit? I see lo

Quote Originally Posted by MillHillRover
    Surely the point is that week in, week out, the players let Bowyer down, both physically and mentally they switch off.
    Dan you have made the "Gary Bowyer out" brigades point for them, working on your assumption that would appear to lay any blame for our underachievement's squarely at GBs feet cause after all isn't that what he is employed to do motivate his players ? don't get me wrong im not calling for his head (just yet) but I do wish he wasn't so nice he could do with a few ruthlessness lessons maybe it would rub off on his team.[/quote]

Yep, I'm afraid to say that this is just how I see it too

Dan you have made the "Gary Bowyer out" brigades point for them, working on your assumption that would appear to lay any blame for our underachievement's squarely at GBs feet cause after all isn't that what he is employed to do motivate his players ? don't get me wrong im not calling for his head (just yet) but I do wish he wasn't so nice he could do with a few ruthlessness lessons maybe it would rub off on his team.[/quote]

Yep, I'm afraid to say that this is just how I see it too [/quote]

Milly hasn't been too good for quite a while, so hasn't been going to games. Remember your rule about people commenting on games they haven't seen? Is that rule consistent, or just for the ones who don't share your point?

I'm stumped at one fact yesterday. Over 90 mins we attacked. We created numerous chances. Most of which hit the target. Hitting the woodwork 5 times suggests we where rather unlucky. That's not lack of motivation at all. Just bad luck. You win some, you lose some. Of those 3 players, who was a regular starter? Who made a telling contribution to promotion, playing week in week out? Cairney? Bit part player for Hull. Tunnicliffe? Steele? Ollson? Henley? Hanley or Duff? Conway? Rhodes of Gestede? M

Milly hasn't been too good for quite a while, so hasn't been going to games. Remember your rule about people commenting on games they haven't seen? Is that rule consistent, or just for the ones who don't share your point?
    Now Now champs remember tis the season of goodwill to all men

Actually my friend I have seen all but the last 2 games of last season before I was taken ill and I've seen all games from the begining of September due to the wonders of the internet, And my "RULE" as you rather sarcastically referred to (IMO) i'll admit was aimed at the likes of Aucks who at the time was commenting on games where he had only seen 90seconds of highlights, now the championship games are being streamed I respect his views a lot more than I used too (I always respected him anyway (in a perverse sort of way lol)

Love ya really Aucks

Quote Originally Posted by MillHillRover

Actually my friend I have seen all but the last 2 games of last season before I was taken ill and I've seen all games from the begining of September due to the wonders of the internet, And my "RULE" as you rather sarcastically referred to (IMO) i'll admit was aimed at the likes of Aucks who at the time was commenting on games where he had only seen 90seconds of highlights, now the championship games are being streamed I respect his views a lot more than I used too (I always respected him anyway (in a perverse sort of way lol)

Love ya really Aucks [/quote]

Milly, you know I love you loads.

Love ya really Aucks ;

Quote Originally Posted by Howie5o

Actually my friend I have seen all but the last 2 games of last season before I was taken ill and I've seen all games from the begining of September due to the wonders of the internet, And my "RULE" as you rather sarcastically referred to (IMO) i'll admit was aimed at the likes of Aucks who at the time was commenting on games where he had only seen 90seconds of highlights, now the championship games are being streamed I respect his views a lot more than I used too (I always respected him anyway (in a perve

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)