+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Time to go

re: Time to go

Quote Originally Posted by needle
    Auckland what would you do ? Its becoming apparent Bwyer aint quite it . If someone comes in and fails nowt lost cos we will fail anyway , finish 8th at best with Bowyer .
    !
    I don't know the answer, Needle. I see the problem, but I'm not as sure as you that GB can't turn it round. This is a weird Division. I've got friends in Norwich, so I stay in touch with their results. They started the season brilliantly, taking 20 points from the first nine games. Then, by the end of November, Norwich supporters were calling for Adams to be sacked because they took only seven points from the next ten! And what happened in December? Three wins and a draw, ending in a 6-1 hammering of Millwall. Now Adams is God again!
    I'm just saying it's not black-and-white for me.

Bowyer tok us 10 steps forward , now its 2 forward 2 back 2 forward 2 back .

Quote Originally Posted by needle
    Bowyer tok us 10 steps forward , now its 2 forward 2 back 2 forward 2 back .
    I'm not really disputing that, but I have never accepted the argument that everything is down to the manager. I spent a lot of time managing teams myself (at a much lower level, obviously) and I know that luck DOES play a part, whatever Saxo/JR says. I took a schoolboy team to a county cup final once. We lost the final 0-1, having hit the post/bar five times, having had two goals disallowed, and having missed a penalty.
    I don't think it was MY fault as manager, although I know you're talking about the long-term, not one-offs.
    I've just had a look at the Bolton web-site and even Neil Lennon admits it was a fortunate victory.
    I can see the logic in getting in someone like Pulis in good time, but we also have to take into account outside factors. How are Wigan and Leeds fans feeling, for example, and they HAVE experienced managers? GB has taken us on two long u

Emile Heskey at 36 year old changed everything, for bolton. Bowyer isn't up to the task time he kindly went away.

Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover
    Nowt against Bowyer and he deserves no stick , he has done his job , but he has had a good spell now and we are coming up short . Give him a massive pat on the back and keep him in the club , but get Pulis now !
    What - make GB water-boy? Put him back in charge of the Reserves? Do you think that's realistic?
    Surely he deserves another month, at least. If he is sacked, he will surely leave the Club altogether. Anything else would be too humiliating.[/quote]

I agree with Needle. Been thinking this for a while now. I have nothing but respect for GB. But at the end of the day, these players are only giving him 65%, at best. Although technically, he's done nothing wrong, what is clear is that the players won't give him a proper shift. Maybe he's too nice. Tactically, he does nothing wrong, his d

Quote Originally Posted by Juninho
    Emile Heskey at 36 year old changed everything, for bolton. Bowyer isn't up to the task time he kindly went away.
    Sorry to go a little off topic, but do you do after dinner speeches at competative rates?

Quote Originally Posted by Juninho
    I know! The managers should rotate, so each one gets to manage a different club every month. That should prove bugger all ONCE and for all.
    I am a genius.

Quote Originally Posted by DanRrr
    Nowt against Bowyer and he deserves no stick , he has done his job , but he has had a good spell now and we are coming up short . Give him a massive pat on the back and keep him in the club , but get Pulis now !

What - make GB water-boy? Put him back in charge of the Reserves? Do you think that's realistic?
    Surely he deserves another month, at least. If he is sacked, he will surely leave the Club altogether. Anything else would be too humiliating.[/quote]

I agree with Needle. Been thinking this for a while now. I have nothing but respect for GB. But at the end of the day, these players are only giving him 65%, at best. Although technically, he's done nothing wrong, what is clear is that the players won't give him a proper shift. Maybe he's too

Soooo .the pennys finally dropped ..after 21 players ..and formations/starting elevens/substitions ..people have finally realised ..GB aint upto it ..

After all the ahhhhh but Garys steadied the ship ..dealt with problems no other manager has ever had to deal with ...hes a nice man .get a fckin grip ..all about what matters on the pitch ..and ..its not good enough ...

Unbeaten runs ..with more draws than wins (this season and last) paper over the fact this team aint going nowhere under the preset management ..last week againgst a very bad Charlton side ..we decide to shore up ..today at 1-0 ..we decide we re suddenly Italia and try to shut down after virtualy pummelimg Bolton into submission in the first half ..everyone knowssss we cant defend yet suddenly we think we re ace at it .. wtf

Had the chance to bring in someone experienced like someone like Mick McCarthy ..but went for the easy choice ..you reap what you sow ..

Quote Originally Posted by Howie5o
    Soooo .the pennys finally dropped ..after 21 players ..and formations/starting elevens/substitions ..people have finally realised ..GB aint upto it ..

After all the ahhhhh but Garys steadied the ship ..dealt with problems no other manager has ever had to deal with ...hes a nice man .get a fckin grip ..all about what matters on the pitch ..and ..its not good enough ...

Unbeaten runs ..with more draws than wins (this season and last) paper over the fact this team aint going nowhere under the preset management ..last week againgst a very bad Charlton side ..we decide to shore up ..today at 1-0 ..we decide we re suddenly Italia and try to shut down after virtualy pummelimg Bolton into submission in the first half ..everyone knowssss we cant defend yet suddenly we think we re ace at it .. wtf

Had the chance to bring in someone experienced like someone like Mick McCarthy ..but went for the easy choice ..you reap what you sow ..
    A tota

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)