+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Acceptable finishing psitin

Acceptable finishing psitin

Forget who manager is !
    Where d you think is acceptable for us to finish this season .
    I will stick with what I always said 8th to 10th .

re: Acceptable finishing psitin

Quote Originally Posted by needle
    Forget who manager is !
    Where d you think is acceptable for us to finish this season .
    I will stick with what I always said 8th to 10th .
    Needle - "acceptable" is a tricky word. About eighth strikes me as what we're worth...AT THE MOMENT. However, the results and performances are so inconsistent, all-round. You'd say Bournemouth are bound to slump at some point, but Burnley didn't last season.
    If our central defensive area can be tightened, I do think we could sneak into the play-offs.
    But "acceptable" - I just don't know. Different posters seem to have such wildly different expectations. For me, sixth would be highly acceptable!

Just f**cking say it then . N need to dress it up . You think this squad should finish 6th . I wishh !

With the squad you have,I would say in the top 6 ..without a doubt

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo

I've never thought you win anything on paper Alf. By that reckoning you lot should not have been anywhere the top 6 last season. You where in the best 2 sides (by miles) and went up. By the same reckoning Cardiff, Fulham and Norwich should be way ahead of us. Only one sit above us, by a few points. Again, the same reckoning would not see Bournemouth and Brentford in the top 6. They both are on merit.
    I said on the eve of the season we would be somewhere around 7th or 8th. As that's exactly where we are as a club. And I think that's around where we will finish. Anything above that is a bonus, but also a massive step too far too soon. We aren't good enough to go up. Nowhere near. Some would do okay, I think Rhodes would score goals, as he's no better or worse than the likes of Ings and Austin.
    The ones who will be massively let down are the ones who believe we

Quote Originally Posted by champs95

I've never thought you win anything on paper Alf. By that reckoning you lot should not have been anywhere the top 6 last season. You where in the best 2 sides (by miles) and went up. By the same reckoning Cardiff, Fulham and Norwich should be way ahead of us. Only one sit above us, by a few points. Again, the same reckoning would not see Bournemouth and Brentford in the top 6. They both are on merit.
    I said on the eve of the season we would be somewhere around 7th or 8th. As that's exactly where we are as a club. And I think that's around where we will finish. Anything above that is a bonus, but also a massive step too far too soon. We aren't good enough to go up. Nowhere near. Some would do okay, I think Rhodes would score goals, as he's no better or worse than the likes of Ings and Austin.
    The ones who will be m

Anything above that is a bonus, but also a massive step too far too soon. We aren't good enough to go up.

...but we ll take it in our position ..thats the prize lets play for it ..good enough or not ..worry about that later ..

Quote Originally Posted by Howie5o
    Anything above that is a bonus, but also a massive step too far too soon. We aren't good enough to go up.

...but we ll take it in our position ..thats the prize lets play for it ..good enough or not ..worry about that later ..

I've been telling you that all season. Now every time we don't get a result that goes our way, is it okay we stop with the negative *******s? As I've a strong feeling we may well yet sneak in those play offs, and moaning everytime we lose is hardly going to help is it. Not saying let's all be happy clappy. But that post about 'he's taken us as far as he can' come on ...let's grow up shall we a bit.

Anything under the top 6 is not acceptable regardless of the manager.

Quote Originally Posted by champs95

I've been telling you that all season. Now every time we don't get a result that goes our way, is it okay we stop with the negative *******s? As I've a strong feeling we may well yet sneak in those play offs, and moaning everytime we lose is hardly going to help is it. Not saying let's all be happy clappy. But that post about 'he's taken us as far as he can' come on ...let's grow up shall we a bit.[/quote]

You fckinnn what ..you ve just quoted a massive step too soon ..that maybe the case but lets at least play for the prizes ..after all thats what its all about ..

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)