+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Southampton in for Rhodes

re: Southampton in for Rhodes

If we sell Rhodes we can sign a replacement , but he can only earn 75% of what Rhodes currently does . So if Rhodes is on the reported 40K then the replacement would be on no more than 30K . I`d go after Garner at PNE .

Quote Originally Posted by needle
    If we sell Rhodes we can sign a replacement , but he can only earn 75% of what Rhodes currently does . So if Rhodes is on the reported 40K then the replacement would be on no more than 30K . I`d go after Garner at PNE .
    i`d go for nahki wells from huddersfield. pace and finishing ability, just what we need.. bowyer was interested before when wells was still with bradford and rhodes was being linked away, but venkys forced rhodes to stay, i believe against bowyer`s wishes..

He is out for the season with an Achilles injury. Nobend just got Beckford from Bolton as replacement.

In that case then I would go for either Wells as Saxo says or Stevie May at Sheff Weds .

Wells yes but May has not proved himself yet.

I would ask Eddie Howe for advice. He seesm to know a good striker when he sees one.

I think Rhodes has improved a footballer since he joined us. Even in the turbulent first 12 months he scored over 25 goals. He as improved as a striker' and I tend to think you keep the nucleus of your young side together, your Lowes, Cairney's, Marshall's, Rhodes etc. This team will keep improving if kept together. I think although Gestede has also come as a footballer under the manager, it's time to cash in on him, as I don't think he will keep improving, whereas Rhodes will. Certainly under Bowyer. If we turned down Hulls £11m in Sept, we will most likely turn down a similar offer now. After all we all knew this embargo was coming, and the club where fully aware. The only concurrent thing here is, this has been the exact same conversation each and every window since we bought Rhodes.

How many Lowes, Cairney's, Marshall's, Rhodes etc do we have . Just one of each I think .
    One of my pet hates is that !

How many Lowes, Cairney's, Marshall's, Rhodes etc do we have . Just one of each I think .
    One of my pet hates is that !
    The 'better players' is what I refer to by naming those specific players.

Re Wells, I work with a few Hudds Town fans who see him regularly and although alot was expected, he hasn't scored goals on a regular basis. I don't think he would be the answer. Brown would. And will, if either Gestede or Rhodes where to leave.

In that case then I would go for either Wells as Saxo says or Stevie May at Sheff Weds .
    Having seen Stevie May quite a lot at St Johnston, I would not touch him with a bargepole. He makes Goodwillie look like a competent footballer.

I am afraid 12 million is far too good to turn down if he were to leave for that and its a big if Forrester is back from injury and in the last reserve game looked as sharp as a pin he would get my vote to step up.
    The fact we would resort to 4-5-1 IF this were to happen gestede would be our lone striker with brown as stand in.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)