+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Southampton in for Rhodes

Southampton in for Rhodes

12 million apparently .
    Snap their hands off , his stock will never be higher valued . We need to cash in now !

re: Southampton in for Rhodes

Taxi for Rhodes.. Definitely snatch their hands off.. Silly phookin money

If we got a decent offer, the other one - Gestede is the one to cash in on. As we have gotten the best out of him. And Brown is very similar, and could step in. He wont get any better, and wont score goals in the Prem. Rhodes would, and will carry on improving. We dont need to sell Rhodes, we just cant go buy anyone. Which.I dont think we wouldve anyway. Gestede's stock will never be as high as now.

In the Sun FFS, paper speculation means feck all, why cash in on anyone ? If we have to sell to buy with this embargo thingy we might as well ride the storm and just see where we end up, which imo will be top six.

12M is a lot of money for a club to be offering to another club in such finacial difficulties as we find ourselves in . I would suspect the bidding will start a lot lower with a view that Rovers wont be able to resist ..

IF we keep Rhodes could we finally work out a way to play to his strengths please ..aimless balls from Duffy/Hanley arnt going to ever get the best out of him ever..

He will be sold if the playoffs dreams are over this season. Only 6 points away from the playoffs.

Spot on Howie. It is a travesty that we have one of the best finishers in the clubs history and we have never been able to find a way to get the best out of him. I am not going to prattle on about GB's abilities on this one despite being tempted to do so.

He will probably leave us in the near future and we will miss him bigstyle. I doubt if we will be able to use the cash either it will go staright to alleviating the debt.

selling rhodes now would only weaken us, being as how we can`t sign a replacement due to the embargo. if we do sell then you can take it as a sign the club has waved the white flag as far as promotion goes..

I'm not sure many people actually WANT to sell him. I just think we need to sell him in terms of the financial trouble we're in. I get the feeling this is going to be a recurring theme for our club. I hope i'm wrong.

i have to say though, if i was koeman i`d be in for danny ings personally. a far better all round forward player, and out of contract in the summer, so very likely a cheaper option too..

i believe ings was a boyhood saints fan also..

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)