+ Visit Southampton FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Arsenal Match Thread

Arsenal Match Thread

I think we'll win today, 2-0 would be my guess !!

Great game, great individual performances but a real team effort. Forster showed again what he's capable of and played his best game since he's been with us. A re-shuffled back four delivering another clean, and Mane, Pelle and Tadic making a real nuisance of themselves. It's Davies 30th birthday today and hopefully he'll be awarded man of the match, he truly deserved it.

Dissappointed but not surprised by the poor Arsenal fans, and those Saints fans committed enough to be there today were treated to a New Years Day corker !!

We march on as they say, and I'm looking forward to MOTD as they concentrate on Arsenal's performance rather than our well deserved win

re: Arsenal Match Thread

A very pleasing win today, from a game that could have gone either way.

In particular, delighted to see Forster make a number of world class saves - that'll do his confidence no end of good.

Strong performances from the back four, Big Vic and Davis were also pleasing - just a pity we didn't take all of the chances we created otherwise the scoreline could have been very different.

Regardless, a great result and am sitting here buzzing - probably will be for the next few days.

What a great start to 2015..

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtyweasel
    I think we'll win today, 2-0 would be my guess !!

Great game, great individual performances but a real team effort. Forster showed again what he's capable of and played his best game since he's been with us. A re-shuffled back four delivering another clean, and Mane, Pelle and Tadic making a real nuisance of themselves. It's Davies 30th birthday today and hopefully he'll be awarded man of the match, he truly deserved it.

Dissappointed but not surprised by the poor Arsenal fans, and those Saints fans committed enough to be there today were treated to a New Years Day corker !!

We march on as they say, and I'm looking forward to MOTD as they concentrate on Arsenal's performance rather than our well deserved win

Interesting analysis Wease... having just watched the Wenger interview i really don't know what game some people were watching.

For anyone who didn't see the game you would have thought Arsenal were robbed bas

I think most football fans regard anything Wenger says in his post match interviews as utterly irrelevant. It's little wonder most Arsenal fans want rid of him.

A great result today. If I am going to be picky we really should have won by 3 or 4. But a win is a win and another clean sheet. Toby stood out for me today . Give him a job to do - centre back, defensive midfield or full back, the man is pure class.
    I always thought todays match could be pivotal, it confirms we have nothing to fear. Pity Tottenham got their win, but if Saints can maintain their form, it doesn't really matter.

The ride down from Woking on the lunchtime train was quite boisterous being full with noisy Gooners. I did quietly wonder if they would be so ****y on the journey home. They knew they had been well beaten and were very quiet. D

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie_Wayman
    Toby stood out for me today . Give him a job to do - centre back, defensive midfield or full back, the man is pure class.
    Agreed, one of the very best. Wherever he's been asked to play, his performances have been superb - and today was no different.

Would be a real coup if the club could secure his signature on a permanent contract. By all accounts, that's not likely to happen this window, but I'll be keeping everything crossed for a summer signing.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie_Wayman
    A great result today. If I am going to be picky we really should have won by 3 or 4. But a win is a win and another clean sheet. Toby stood out for me today . Give him a job to do - centre back, defensive midfield or full back, the man is pure class.
    I always thought todays match could be pivotal, it confirms we have nothing to fear. Pity Tottenham got their win, but if Saints can maintain their form, it doesn't really matter.

The ride down from Woking on the lunchtime train was quite boisterous being full with noisy Gooners. I did quietly wonder if they would be so ****y on the journey home. They knew they had been well beaten and were very quiet. D
    We hit the post 3 times and then one was cleared miraculously off the line. Otherwise it could have been another Sunderland score.

The team spirit Koeman has instilled in the players is immense. They would die for each other out there.

Toby stands out every game, but that's what world class players do.

Davies deserved the MOTM today. He was involved in most of what we did, and it's his birthday. He never gets the recognition he deserves.

Toby stands out every game, but that's what world class players do.

Davies deserved the MOTM today. He was involved in most of what we did, and it's his birthday. He never gets the recognition he deserves.
    Every Saints player stood out but for me, it would be Wanyama or Fonte.

A belated Happy Birthday to Steven Davis - another great performance in the heart of midfield yesterday. One of our most consistent players who does us proud game after game after game.

And awarded MoTM by the Daily Mail, amongst others no doubt..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast