+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ot Gerrard to leave Liverpool

re: ot Gerrard to leave Liverpool

Quote Originally Posted by gm_gm
    Some might think it will be good for the club. Interesting to see if they improve without him as some say.

But, where does he rank with Liverpool all time greats? Would he in their all time Xl?
    No mention of Thatcher in this thread...[/quote]

There is now.

And, of course, the milk snatchers answer to the hooligan problem was to want to ban fans from all grounds. When that idea didnt get off the ground it was her government that put the fences up (and all know what happened at Hillsborough).

Quote Originally Posted by walter10
    Some might think it will be good for the club. Interesting to see if they improve without him as some say.

But, where does he rank with Liverpool all time greats? Would he in their all time Xl?
    No mention of Thatcher in this thread...[/quote]

There is now.

And, of course, the milk snatchers answer to the hooligan problem was to want to ban fans from all grounds. When that idea didnt get off the ground it was her government that put the fences up (and all know what happened at Hillsborough).[/quote]

Of course you are right Walt, this must have tipped Gerrard over the edge, and prompted his decision to move.

Most of us will remember the Millers at Anfield in 2001 when the home team was reduced to 10 men and a young Gerrard came on as a sub. Needless to say he made it look like we had 10 men and they had 12. Admittedly we weren't the toughest opposition and playing with a dodgy keeper in front of the Kop was always going to be difficult.

I don't get how people can compare Dalglish with 3 European Cups and 6 League titles to 1 Champions League medal is beyond me. I also think Frank Lampard doesn't get the credit he deserves. In the same era he's 60 Premier League goals ahead. I don't remember the BBC grinding to a halt when he signed for a MLS team. People talk about Gerrard playing with poor players but they have nearly all been internationals including Torres and Saurez at or near their peaks.

UTM!

An excellent player who can hold his head high when he leaves Anfield...

How many players stay as long as he has at one club... a very rare breed indeed these days...

Will always remember the 3-0 fight back in Istanbul against Milan to clinch the European Cup...now that's a real Captain for you...

Make a Liverpool 11 all time great? ...he'd walk it...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12