+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Stuart McCall and his 'legacy'

re: Stuart McCall and his 'legacy'

That's just it, he never knew what to do when the going got tough or whenever he had to do a bit of management of the players. He has absolutely fvvked us over with his short sighted signings and non youth policies and instead opted for the tried and tested even if that meant having to shoehorn his favourites into unfamiliar positions. There was always going to come a time when the likes of Lasley would lose too many yards of pace or when playing a centre half at right mid - Kerr - would see us severely punished and it's happened this season and look where we are? In a relegation dogfight at halfway point, having scraped only five wins all season with an aging squad on the way down and no sellable assets. Result of which we are in the financial sh1tter and the support have largely lost interest. McCall is hugely to blame for that.

I was born in 1953, the year after MFC won the Scottish Cup and had to wait until 1991 to see them win the cup again, in the intrvenening period we won the Summer Cup (in the sixties) have been relegated and I don't remember ever winning the "top" league. Coming 2nd, 2nd and 3rd in the last three seasons has been a lifetime high for me and Motherwell Supporters of my age.
    Some of you really need to go through some of the agonies me and guys of a similar age have been through before sounding off. In my book you either support the team or you don't, it's not about accepting poor performances, it's about accepting reality and dealing with it...the scores don't lie, we are not as good as we think we are. Will this stop me supporting the club I have followed as man and boy? Never Motherwell till i die.

[quote="firparkloony" league. Coming 2nd, 2nd and 3rd in the last three seasons has been a lifetime high for me and Motherwell Supporters of my age.
    Some of you really need to go through some of the agonies me and guys of a similar age have been through before sounding off. In my book you either support the team or you don't, it's not about accepting poor performances, it's about accepting reality and dealing with it...the scores don't lie, we are not as good as we think we are. Will this stop me supporting the club I have followed as man and boy? Never Motherwell till i die.[/quote]

Ahhh that old chestnut, "I saw us when we were in the lower leagues, you didn't so you can't criticise"...you should sign up on ste

[quote="LawSteelman" league. Coming 2nd, 2nd and 3rd in the last three seasons has been a lifetime high for me and Motherwell Supporters of my age.
    Some of you really need to go through some of the agonies me and guys of a similar age have been through before sounding off. In my book you either support the team or you don't, it's not about accepting poor performances, it's about accepting reality and dealing with it...the scores don't lie, we are not as good as we think we are. Will this stop me supporting the club I have followed as man and boy? Never Motherwell till i die.[/quote]

Ahhh that old chestnut, "I saw us when we were in the lower leagues, you didn't so

Let's keep it civil, even when disagreeing.

I don't think there's any doubt McCall's legacy is tarnished by what he left us with. Onthe other hand,I tend to think it shows how good a job he did before. And there's no question of the side that finished second not being 'his' team - it clearly was. If every boss we have makes the most of others weakness (and including United and Aberdeen with the Edinburgh teams being on a historic low is silly - that's just blatantly not true) to go third, second, second, set records for goals, points, wins, find a historic poty etc, before leaving us with a crap season to rebuild, I'd take it every time.

I'd love to have a reverse crystal ball to see how this place was like back in the day - Stevenson would have been run out of town and God only knows what abuse would have been given to bottle merchants like Hunter and Ancell...I think the chance of us every having a manager everyone deems a success is impossible.

I think it all Harri Kampman's fault. It has been downhill ever since his day.

[quote="LawSteelman" league. Coming 2nd, 2nd and 3rd in the last three seasons has been a lifetime high for me and Motherwell Supporters of my age.

Ahhh that old chestnut, "I saw us when we were in the lower leagues, you didn't so

No I haven't missed the point, once again it is YOU who has missed the point, perhaps deliberately because it seems that you just can't, or indeed don't want to, get your head around the fact that supporters are perfectly entitled to criticise the team and show disgust and anger at such poor displays as has been on show this season and the shambolic manner in which the club is being run. Forget what's gone on before, we have been awful this season and you would not find one single set of football supporters in the world who not be as angry and disillusioned as ours have been of late in the same situation.

What qualifies you to judge folk and say who is and isn't a real supporter? Folk are scunnered with the state the club are in and being constantly asked to fork out and some have vowed to stop going to games as a result which is perfectly understandable and is completely and utterly their right to do so, but they are still supporters nonetheless despite the likes of you trying to sh

If the players shared any of the passion, and anger that is shown on here, we would not be in the mess we are in, at least not on the park.

I wish he had left and took the Sheffield Utd job he has done well for us overall but towards end very very stale but saying that can we blame him if you don't have a pot to ****sssss in?

I am more worried about lack of transfer news that's not coming out of the team now as before there is a 30 day thing about transfer to Well Society I am sure so is it until this is all sorted out we can't offload or bring in players?Its went very hush hush of late after the fanfare.

We need fresh faces Asap and try our best too offload as much as we can.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)