+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Stuart McCall and his 'legacy'

re: Stuart McCall and his 'legacy'

Agree with all the comments but to be able to do any job you either need money for the materials or have the equipment and tools to complete the task we have neither the money or the proper tools.

[quote="LawSteelman"]No I haven't missed the point, once again it is YOU who has missed the point, perhaps deliberately because it seems that you just can't, or indeed don't want to, get your head around the fact that supporters are perfectly entitled to criticise the team and show disgust and anger at such poor displays as has been on show this season and the shambolic manner in which the club is being run. Forget what's gone on before, we have been awful this season and you would not find one single set of football supporters in the world who not be as angry and disillusioned as ours have been of late in the same situation.

What qualifies you to judge folk and say who is and isn't a real supporter? Folk are scunnered with the state the club are in and being constantly asked to fork out and some have vowed to stop going to games as a result which is perfectly understandable and is completely and utterly their right to do so, but they are still supporters

[quote="Yazz"]No I haven't missed the point, once again it is YOU who has missed the point, perhaps deliberately because it seems that you just can't, or indeed don't want to, get your head around the fact that supporters are perfectly entitled to criticise the team and show disgust and anger at such poor displays as has been on show this season and the shambolic manner in which the club is being run. Forget what's gone on before, we have been awful this season and you would not find one single set of football supporters in the world who not be as angry and disillusioned as ours have been of late in the same situation.

What qualifies you to judge folk and say who is and isn't a real supporter? Folk are scunnered with the state the club are in and being constantly asked to fork out and some have vowed to stop going to games as a result which is perfectly understandable and is completely and utterly their righ

Who's offended ????

And if "we got beat I am not supporting them crowd" is how you see it, you've got sand in your eyes.

Id be very surprised if Motherwell had beaten Hamilton 5-0 folk would be on here saying they are chucking it and not going on Sunday or even back at all so aye its a fair assumption he makes.

I dont have a problem with anyone going , not going , going now and again or whatever.

However IMO you ( using "you" loosely and not aimed at anyone personally) give up the right to be taken seriously when you come on here to shoot your mouth off about the board , funds , tactics and the rest of it if you arent going to games or financially supporting the club in other ways

Quote Originally Posted by firparkloony

Since when did SUPPORTING become blind loyalty, maybe if the "we got beat I am not supporting them crowd" just accepted that we cannot win every game and to take the bad along with the good and to recognise that in the last three years we have done better than anyone expected, then transferred that to the present time where I think everyone agrees that money is tight, we shouldn't really be astounded at the results so far this season. I am guilty of nothing more than supporting my team, hurting when we get beat, but supportive and hopeful for the future. If this sentiment offends people then yes I reserve the right to judge them as not being fully fledged MFC supporters in the truest sense of the word.
    Good post Loony. Folk attend our matches for a variety of reasons. Each one no more valid than the others. Each to their own. We have those who like football; those who go to be entertained for a price; those who have a slig

Everyone sees things and reacts in different ways. There's nothing wrong with that. This is a fans forum, but every time someone posts something other posters don't like, there is no need to have a go, it's only a certain individuals way of looking at it.

... and this is not all about last Thursday.
    Several of us have been critical/doubting of the Club/McCall for many many months now, but were lambasted by those unable/unwilling to see the "Bigger Picture" ------ and guess what guys ?

We were right.

Quote Originally Posted by Yazz
    ... and this is not all about last Thursday.
    Several of us have been critical/doubting of the Club/McCall for many many months now, but were lambasted by those unable/unwilling to see the "Bigger Picture" ------ and guess what guys ?

We were right.
    I am one of those who will still defend Stuart McCall as being a good manager of Motherwell. Yes he made mistakes, but he over achieved with no money, and average players. However in defending him, I am not what has been sarcastically described in the past as looking at the club through rose tinted glasses. We have had major problems inherent in the club for a very long time. In the past we survived because we were a selling club, and that has not been the case for many years now (Long before Stuart McCall). Because we are so close to the bigot brothers, our crowds are stuck at around the 4000 mark, and that will never increase, and may in fact decline. So we are not bringing the money in

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)