+ Visit Southampton FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: James Ward-Prowse

James Ward-Prowse

What's the big deal? I keep hearing that he's a brilliant set piece master, that he's got a huge future but there doesn't seem to be much evidence of this. His finishing yesterday was comical. Maybe he'll blossom, but he looks decidedly average to me...

re: James Ward-Prowse

Can't argue about the finishing yesterday but some of his vision and passing was excellent. Very good player now (and even better prospect) imo.

I'd rather have him playing for us than against us.

You really say some stupid things at times Fiddley! Next you'll be saying "why do the academy scouts and coaches bother when this is all thay can produce!"

I agree with you PF, I've never understood the huge hype around JWP. At present he is no more than a decent squad player imo, however he is still very young with plenty of time to improve. Very excited about Harry Reed though.

M[quote="ozsaint1976" [/quote]Its my opinion you hysterical tart! There's nothing 'stupid' about it. And there's been plenty of evidence that our academy is excellent so that comment WAS stupid.

Saintwayne, don't let Oz hear you, he'll call you stupid...sigh

Sometimes comments get over hyped. He has just come returned from an injury. It can take a few games to get back. In my opinion his set piece delivery is the best in the club, and the best corner kick since the days of Matt Le Tissier.
    Yes he missed a few chances but you cant be brilliant every game. We WON, we are fourth in the Premiership, be happy, enjoy the ride.

JWP is a superb playmaker, delivers some wicked dead balls and gets himself into some great positions, but 0 goals in 59 games from a predominantly attacking midfielder is a bit of a worrying statistic.

Maybe his first goal for the club will be the catalyst for a load more - would love for that to be the case.

Quote Originally Posted by "PonyFiddlerReturns" :?[/quote
    Its my opinion you hysterical tart! There's nothing 'stupid' about it. And there's been plenty of evidence that our academy is excellent so that comment WAS stupid.

Saintwayne, don't let Oz hear you, he'll call you stupid...sigh

No hysteria about it Fiddley, just stating what I think is blatantly obvious. JWP is one of the shining lights of our accademy and has a fantistic future ahead of him so long as he makes the right decisions. Just my opinion though! I think we may need to agree to disagree on this one as I don't want to argue with a Saints fan on this forum! These are plenty of Numptys around to do that with!

Saintwayne, don't tell Fiddley but I can't hear you, its a forum!

Well there's a reason why JWP is not starting sutomatically when we're fully fit. Give the lad time, he still needs to develop other areas of his game a little more. He'll come good.