+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Premiership players out of contract

re: Premiership players out of contract

Sorry if I did not make myself clear (My fault). I was not comenting on Vigurs as a payer. Only that if you put a good player (and I am NOT saying he is) in a bad team, it will have an effect on how that player looks.

Quote Originally Posted by bheron
    Sorry if I did not make myself clear (My fault). I was not comenting on Vigurs as a payer. Only that if you put a good player (and I am NOT saying he is) in a bad team, it will have an effect on how that player looks.
    Yes I would agree to some extent that a poor team can drag real talent down a notch. However over the course of a season good players attributes will always show up, it's impossible not to. A diamond will always shine in a pile of sh1te. Vigurs doesnt even shine in a pile of sh1te (accept its not him ur getting at). To me hes a carbon copy of Brian Kerr , Ross Forbes and the like (flatter to deceive). No one will put their hand up quicker than me and admit I got him wrong if Baraclough turns him into a bit of a player (and be delighted into the bargain).

Just compare these reactions;

1. Against St Johnstone at Perth Vigurs couldn't pass the ball 10 feet unobstructed to a Motherwell player. It was actually harder to pa

Excellent stuff...
    That's a whole team then.

Neilsen
    Kerr. Ramsden. Carswell. Angol
    Ainsworth. Lawson. Cummins. Vigurs
    McHugh. Sutton
    plus 3 subs.

Should focus IB's mind on what he needs to find to replace this shower of wasters.

Sutton aint worth keeping unless we get someone who can provide him with quality ball in front of him.

Quote Originally Posted by Yazz
    Sutton aint worth keeping unless we get someone who can provide him with quality ball in front of him.
    So if we have no-one to provide a striker with the ball why have one...that's about as stupid as saying get rid of Sutton. Think before you let go, you could equally have said the midfield is no good so why don't we just play without one, come on get real.

Quote Originally Posted by firparkloony
    So if we have no-one to provide a striker with the ball why have one...that's about as stupid as saying get rid of Sutton. Think before you let go, you could equally have said the midfield is no good so why don't we just play without one, come on get real.[/quote]

Lets get someone to provide him with decent service is what I'm saying, but of course you knew that anyway. RIAAWE

Of course we know Sutton needs decent service but constantly playing high balls up to him with his back to goal,to flick on or hold up no matter how decent the service.Is not the answer to our lack of goals,we need to get two decent wide men to get to the bye line to cut back/cross balls for Sutton to run onto.Dom Thomas deserves to be given the chance from the start of a game to be one of the wide men the problem would be who would be the other one.

According to the online Record the Boss wants to bring in at least 3 new faces, with some leaving of course to balance the books.

Quote Originally Posted by Wellup4it
    According to the online Record the Boss wants to bring in at least 3 new faces, with some leaving of course to balance the books.
    I wonder how he can say some will be leaving. Other than O'Brien and O'Jamma none are out of contract right now and I for the life of me cannot comprehend any other club wanting any of our players.

There isn't a single player on that list I'd be desperate to keep.
    Maybe keep Ainsworth and Carswell cos they've been good in the past, although Ainsworth hasn't tried much lately.

A complete overhaul of the squad in the summer is definitely needed.

Still can't believe the majority of this lot finished 2nd in league last 2 seasons.
    Shows how terrible the other teams have been.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)