+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wolves v Sheffield Wednesday Match Day Thread

Wolves v Sheffield Wednesday Match Day Thread

SKY BET CHAMPIONSHIP
    Venue: Molineux Kick-off: 19:45 GMT
    Coverage: Listen on BBC Radio 5 live and BBC local radio; text commentary on the BBC Sport website

TEAM NEWS

Wolves will be without defenders Matt Doherty (suspended) and Dominic Iorfa (ankle).
    Carl Ikeme and Tommy Rowe (foot), Nouha Dicko (hamstring) and Scott Golbourne (foot) are also out.

Sheffield Wednesday striker Caolan Lavery could start in place of Will Keane (ankle).
    Striker Sergiu Bus (groin), defenders Glenn Loovens (ankle) and Kamil Zayatte (thigh) and midfielder Jose Semedo (foot) are also doubts.

MATCH FACTS

Head-to-head

Wolves won the earlier meeting this season 1-0 at Hillsborough in December.
    They are unbeaten in the last nine meetings, winning six. Sheffield Wednesday's last win was 3-1 at Molineux in March 2006.
    Wolves are unbeaten in the last four meetings at Molineux, winning the last three.
    Wolverhampton Wanderers
    Wolves have not won any of their last three games, losing one. Their last win was 1-0 at

re: Wolves v Sheffield Wednesday Match Day Thread

Kenny Jackett's views on our attack:- - view external link

Good win. Shame other results went against us but nothing we can do about that apart from making sure we get three points.
    As for Derby well that's going to be tough.
    We need to play with Afobe and Dicko again.
    Henry has earn't his start.
    Maybe use Edwards.
    Hope Stears is not too badly injured.
    At least Jackett is going all out.

Quote Originally Posted by kensleftfoot
    Would be a real feather in his cap should he pull off consecutive promotions!

Might lose him to Real Madrid or Juventus!!

Quote Originally Posted by kensleftfoot
    Good win. Shame other results went against us but nothing we can do about that apart from making sure we get three points.
    As for Derby well that's going to be tough.
    We need to play with Afobe and Dicko again.
    Henry has earn't his start.
    Maybe use Edwards.
    Hope Stears is not too badly injured.
    I agree with all you say Ken, apart from the bit about Henry. It may well be that you see the Wolves more than I do but, from what I have seen, Henry filled in well for van La Parra and scored a cracking goal! I do rate Dave Edwards but I don't see him as, effectively, a right-winger.

I felt that KJ had the set-up right tonight and it was not overly disrupted by that particular substitution.

The BBC comments state;- "it could have been a different story had Stuart Gray's Owls - who had 20 shots during the game and had more possession - found the target when on top."

Well, I was there and I don't

Yes get in there, another thrashing for those pesky Fowls

If we could just get our passing game sharper and more accurate , be more aware as to when release a pass and more movement when we have released a pass we would start to become a pretty decent outfit. Still work in progress but encouraging and although not been a fan of his,I thought MacDonald had a terrific match despite being clattered half a dozen times.
    Never like it when teams who haven't won for sometime come here as we seem to take pity on them so fingers crossed for Friday.

As Wokes implied, stats do not always give a true reflection of reality. Which ever way you look at it this was a comfortable victory and a relatively easy three points. Having said that we were not brilliant, but ruthless and efficient.

The Owels arrived at the Molineux with a healthy midweek support, on the back of a good run of results. They also had a game plan, which seemed to be, defend from the front and kick Kevin McDonald as often as possible. Three times in the first fif**** minutes he was clattered late, and only once did the referee deem it necessary to have a word.

There will be much debate about the penalty, but Dikho was traveling at such speed that the slightest contact was going to put him down. He is the sort of player who, if in with a goal scoring chance, will try and stay upright, as we have seen several times this season.

The former Irish international keeper Westwood stood no chance with the penalty or the other two goals but did make several other very good

Was it a penalty?

Judge for yourself:- - view external link

Brief match highlights:- - view external link

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)