+ Visit Oldham Athletic FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: ched evans

ched evans

Didn't know where else to post this and this seems as good a place as any...

Thanks to oldham for signing evans, a lot of people don't believe in second chances anymore and while I don't seek to trivialise what he was convicted of, I don't believe the country should persecute him beyond the sentence served..

He was convicted, end of, and some wouldn't accept that, some like me did accept his guilt but wanted him to have a second chance as the civilised world believes in rehabilitation...

Ok... on to the player..

A lot of unitedites will bang on about the first two seasons where he was gash at united and say if you've signed that player its a huge own goal damaging the clubs reputation along the way etc, but some have forgotton that he was a 20 year old with a three million pound pricetag on him signing for a premiership club in effect and leading the forward line, big step up from one appearance as a sub for man city,. You might say he took a bit of time to get used to it and find

re: ched evans

OK if we're giving second chances how about booking Gary Glitter to give a concert at your local youth club?

Question, why don't this convicted *** offender offer his apologies to th girl he rapped.

Hi

As you say second chances are deserved as hes done his time that may be but i think why its been so much of a big story is that he aint come out and said sorry or shown any remorse to what he as done which makes you think do these players think they can get away will what they want ?

So hes trying to prove his innocence in court so maybe he should of taken time out of the spotlight and football until this is resolved then IF hes found not guilty then yes he can continue to do what hes been paid for ?

On the flip side if he is still found guilty where do Oldham stand as a club they gonna continue to let a convicted rapist stay within their club or sack him which will then i think will make a mockery out of the club for signing him in the first place ?

These players are rolls models within the club and community so how will that effect things if they go out into the community doing charity work etc if he is still part of the club ?

Be interesting how your supporters react if he s

Quote Originally Posted by upthecolliers
    Question, why don't this convicted *** offender offer his apologies to th girl he rapped.
    Not gonna start a row, its not my forum and im no keyboard warrior.

The reason he wont apologise is because he didnt rape her.
    If you look into the facts of the case, she went to the room with McDonald for ***. They werent hotel inspectors, they went for one thing. The judge ruled she was too drunk to consent. If she was too drunk to consent to Evans, was she not too drunk to consent to McDonald?
    Look at the video footage. Drunk my anal passage. Bending down to retrieve the pizza in those heels. No way was she drunk.

Why should he apologise when he believes he had consensual ***? Ive slept with dozens of women and i cant remember asking any of them if i could do it. We just got on with it. Am i a rapist too?
    She slept with both of them of her own free will...and remember this. It wasnt her who made any allegations at all. It was th

Quote Originally Posted by Doggydo
    OK if we're giving second chances how about booking Gary Glitter to give a concert at your local youth club?
    Yes we had fans saying the same thing, it split us down the middle, feelings run high on this because you don't want a player to stop you supporting your team... push on and support the club.. just dont cheer or sing his..

Quote Originally Posted by upthecolliers
    He believes it wasn't a rape, and can not apologise for the crime he has been found guilty of because that would confirm his guilt...

He should have apologised for the stress the case has had on the girl, but he was found guilty, so she was the victim, if he apologised to his victim, that indicates guilt for the crime...

This is why he can't apologise..

[quote="gornalvilla"]Hi

As you say second chances are deserved as hes done his time that may be but i think why its been so much of a big story is that he aint come out and said sorry or shown any remorse to what he as done which makes you think do these players think they can get away will what they want ?

So hes trying to prove his innocence in court so maybe he should of taken time out of the spotlight and football until this is resolved then IF hes found not guilty then yes he can continue to do what hes been paid for ?

On the flip side if he is still found guilty where do Oldham stand as a club they gonna continue to let a convicted rapist stay within their club or sack him which will then i think will make a mockery out of the club for signing him in the first place ?

These players are rolls models within the club and community so how will that effect things if they go out into the community doing charity work etc if he is still part of the club ?

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)