+ Visit Scotland Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bobby Madden

re: Bobby Madden

pogue, in any sport all referee,s, linesman, umpires and all other officials should always be nuetral and anyone who says differently must be wanting his team to gain and advantage.

it is very difficult to be unbiased if your reffing a game and you support one of the teams, human nature dictates bias will be shown as people are biased and corrupt by nature, and you only have to look at maddens peformance in the scottish cup semi v dundee utd for proof.

You cannot put a blanket over a'bidy to say they are corrupt by nature : Scottish refs are not good, much like most of the players

Quote Originally Posted by Poguemahone
    Not one to get all hyped up about referees maself but the forthcoming League Cup semi-final will be one of the most difficult games to referee not tae mention police for a very long time in Scotland. So what dae The SFA do but award the game to former Rangers season ticket holder, Bobby Madden.

it does no matter what game he is in charge of he is 1 of the worst refs i have seen in a long time

As I said, the refs are pretty poor, most could not kick a baw and some take out their frustration on those who can, unbelievable what I have witnessed in the juniors the past few years, ironically their performances are generally worse when they are being observed :

Quote Originally Posted by happytim
    only in scotland and only with football do people think it is acceptable for a referee to support one of the teams he is refereeing and anyone pointing out how wrong this is, is called paranoid.

nothing surprises me though.
    You've never seen Howard Webb refereeing a Man Utd game, have you?

Quote Originally Posted by happytim
    pogue, in any sport all referee,s, linesman, umpires and all other officials should always be nuetral and anyone who says differently must be wanting his team to gain and advantage.

it is very difficult to be unbiased if your reffing a game and you support one of the teams, human nature dictates bias will be shown as people are biased and corrupt by nature, and you only have to look at maddens peformance in the scottish cup semi v dundee utd for proof.
    You do realise that would mean you'd miss out on the 'joy' of having Collum ref our games.

It's a bit of a logistical nightmare for them trying to get non OF refs because the OF have the majority of fans.

I just wish we had a better standard of ref. I'm not really in the 'they're all biased cheating masons/tims. I just think they are incredibly incompetent.

Since Mike McCurry retired I don't think any of them are cheats.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)