+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mr Evans

re: Mr Evans

Quote Originally Posted by leedsmiller
    I'm just baffled by the valuation, we valued him at £500k last year, when he was STILL unproven in this division. Agard is also unproven at this level and we didn't do too bad on his sale.
    Not saying £175k is right but he is out of contract in the summer.[/quote]

So was Agard though, I'd have hoped we'd at least try and negotiate a little.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLadonOS
    WTF are you doing?

Shakes head!

Wants to move prings on too!

Shakes head!

Am lost for words!!!!!

Ain't Prings your million pound player pal? shows how much he thinks of him don't it!

Prings hasn't looked happy playing for us for a long time now and this has been on the cards him wanting out...

Lots of players become stale at clubs and sometimes it's better to let them go...

Quote Originally Posted by Brin
    WTF are you doing?

Shakes head!

Wants to move prings on too!

Shakes head!

Am lost for words!!!!!

Prings hasn't looked happy playing for us for a long time now and this has been on the cards him wanting out...
    [/quote]

Has anybody? Speaking from experience (albeit not professional) it can be hard to enjoy your football when times are tough. I think it's harsh to single the lad out when morale is generally low throughout the camp, and he's also not in his preferred position.

[quote="Ravo_Miller"]

I can't agree with your comment around changing the manager Fivetide. Historically, it can have a positive impact for a couple of games, and then it reverts back to previous. Using Fulham as your example is simply ridiculous. This is a club that would appear to have one of the biggest budgets in the league (spending a reported £11M on a striker in the summer) so their league position was always going to improve once they started to play.

Changing manager is not the solution for the Millers. If we go down this season, and let's face it given our budget we should do, then who else has a record of getting a side promoted that is in anyway comparable with that of Evan's??

To recap, we are 19th in the Championship above Leeds, Brighton and Wigan all of which have far greater resources than the Millers. Imagine what you would be saying if you supported one of these clubs and you were below Rotherham in the table. You would want ever

[quote="fivetide"]

I can't agree with your comment around changing the manager Fivetide. Historically, it can have a positive impact for a couple of games, and then it reverts back to previous. Using Fulham as your example is simply ridiculous. This is a club that would appear to have one of the biggest budgets in the league (spending a reported £11M on a striker in the summer) so their league position was always going to improve once they started to play.

Changing manager is not the solution for the Millers. If we go down this season, and let's face it given our budget we should do, then who else has a record of getting a side promoted that is in anyway comparable with that of Evan's??

To recap, we are 19th in the Championship above Leeds, Brighton and Wigan all of which have far greater resources than the Millers. Imagine what you would be saying if you supported one of these clubs and you were bel

Prings has been in very bad form it seems he doesn't have the pace or power for the championship if prings goes then we could bring in a better replacement

I would hate to be an enemy of some of you.

Christ (Soz IBS) Prings was a hero some years ago. Sorry, I'll rephrase that ... some months ago.

If he stays, perhaps we can show him support and get him back to his winning ways. Those that like him anyway

Hi Fivetide. I was referring to this comment in post 12 "Look at what happens to teams when the manager is changed... lets say Fulham for example".

I may have misunderstood this, but it seemed to imply that changing a manager has a positive impact. I was saying that a) this is short lived, and b) my mother could have improved the results at Fulham given the financial resources they seemingly have in relation to others.

Also, in what context is this comment made if not to suggest that changing our manager may have a positive impact?

My point is that in my view it won't and that given we are above some clubs with much more resources that us, our manager continues to over-deliver in my opinion, so a change for us would not be positive.

What did you mean by your comment above if this has no relevance to the Millers?

By the way, I did not make any comment on Pringle, and for the record think he is a great player and I do not want him to leave

Quote Originally Posted by Narrowboat09
    Pringle hasn't become a bad player overnight, as you point out, but the demands of this league have found him out. Opposition managers have a strategy for dealing with his threat and from the first half of the season that has worked. I think SE has been more than fair with the group who gained us two promotions in giving them half a season to prove themselves. Some have spanned the gulf, others haven't, so now is the time to overall the squad, and replace the ones who are finding it hard going. IMO Pringle is one of those.

What a load of tosh.

Pringle is one of the best crosses of a ball we have ever had but he is now not even taking free kicks? How does an oposition manager impact on who takes the free kicks?

Also how does the oposition manager dictate that no one can shoot from 20 yards out?

Absolute rubbish.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast