+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Falkirk v Queens

Falkirk v Queens

Big game next weekend away to Falkirk who haven't beaten us yet this season .

Yesterday's postponement wasn't ideal for us but it'll give the likes of Millar , Burns , McKenna & Mitchell time to try and get fit or in Millar's case fitter

It'll be interesting to see if Fowler will gamble on starting Mark Millar in place of Kidd in midfield .
    Having the bad eggs Kerr & Baird playing will make it an interesting affair

re: Falkirk v Queens

Who's going to be assistant manager to Fowler this weekend as I've heard Jim Thomson is away to America on a mid season break ..?

Kenny Arthur !

Whoever is with the manager I just hope they ensure he goes with two up front in this game. If they do I have no fears on the side returning with the three points as long as there are no individual errors. If only one up front I fear the worst as that will invite Falkirk on top of us. Either way it's going to be an interesting match with all the obvious attention on certain players in the Falkirk line up.

You'd imagine former players Kerr & Baird will be right up for this game & would love to put one over Queens . Would happily take a point but we're more than capable to beat them

Can't see us going for a win in this because Fowler seems intent on drawing every away game. Which is fine when it works.
    We've won 1 away game out of 7 since he took over and that was with a last minute deflection.
    Think we will either play with 1 up front and 5 in midfield or we'll use that 4-4-1-1 system again, with Lyle or Paton behind Gav in the lone headless chicken role.

Bluehome - hard to disagree with you and I think we have been far too cautious away from home.

Falkirk's defence is pretty slow and is arguably the weakest part of their team. The left back Leahy will not relish Danny running at him but this only works for us if we have plenty of the ball and give him and others proper service. Leaving Gavin isolated up front makes very poor use of his services and I am sure Falkirk will be delighted if we fall into this trap.

A win for us massive and we should go all out to secure it.

Interesting stat that we have only won 1 away game out of 7 since Mr Fowler took over the reins so Saturday's game is defo the time to change that poor record when we face a Bairns side with 3 ex - Queens players in it plus 2 others born in Dumfries (if picked)

Quote Originally Posted by arrol1919
    You'd imagine former players Kerr & Baird will be right up for this game & would love to put one over Queens . Would happily take a point but we're more than capable to beat them
    Tomorrow's Standard back page

Falkirk have signed four players in the window, so they should be stronger than when we last played them.
    But Queens are a better all round team who all know their positions well and play to each others strengths. As mentioned earlier they are weak in the left back spot so Russell will need to attack down the wing.They will probably play with 3 central midfielders so we'll need to watch we don't get outnumbered in there.If fit i would start with this eleven plenty pace in the mid-field.

ATKINSON

DOWIE DURNAN HIGGINS HOLT

CARMICHAEL KIDD MC SHANE RUSSELL

REILLY LYLE

Up the Queens, attack, attack.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)