+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No atmosphere or buzz about the place

No atmosphere or buzz about the place

In light of previous posts about lack of atmosphere at games and the way the club is beinging run.Surely this Saturday's game presents them with the ideal PR opportunity, by allowing fans to bring a friend along for say a fiver.The club have already got money from the season ticket holders for the game and I cant see how the will lose out with this ''fiver'' scheme.They will most likely have an increased attendance,create a better atmosphere,and do themselves some good community publicity in these times when spare cash is at a premium,especially after the festive period.Lets wait and see what happens

re: No atmosphere or buzz about the place

The club should be doing this type of thing on a regular basis. We have a half empty stadium 90% of the time. why not try to do something to fill it up a bit. I know the club has tried to do these sort of things before, but I wish there was something they could come up with. It's the same old same old, but all you can do is offer cheaper entry and free tickets for school kids. They should do it with more regularity.

The atmosphere in the Motherwell section on Saturday was top notch for the full 90 minutes , some are still trying to stick by them.

In the real world you cant watch junior football for a fiver , how on earth can a club run at SPFL level in this fantasy world where its regularly a fiver to get in ? Wheres the point in someone buying a season ticket if its a fiver each week ?

I fully expect to open up a post on here in the near future where a "supporter" is blaming the club for the high price of tomatos in Asda.

This is absolutely ****e just now but the new manager is going to need time and probably new players and the new board is going to take time as well , whats making it worse is listening to folk whinging like spoiled brats because we are on a losing run

Certainly not whinging,have seen a whole lot of seasons over 4o years worth, watching the club I love.That is why I am trying to think of ways to generate some extra cash for the club.Yes season ticket holders have paid a sizable amount for their ticket,I am one of them along with a Well Society membership,paid to play in the total match experience game,I would still be happy to have an extra couple of hundred pay a fiver to watch us on Saturday than have nothing extra coming in.These extra fans may also purchase programmes,merchandise,snacks etc and some may even comeback and eventually purchase season tickets themselves.But of course if we dont try these things nothing will improve

Quote Originally Posted by texaco cup
    Certainly not whinging,have seen a whole lot of seasons over 4o years worth, watching the club I love.That is why I am trying to think of ways to generate some extra cash for the club.Yes season ticket holders have paid a sizable amount for their ticket,I am one of them along with a Well Society membership,paid to play in the total match experience game,I would still be happy to have an extra couple of hundred pay a fiver to watch us on Saturday than have nothing extra coming in.These extra fans may also purchase programmes,merchandise,snacks etc and some may even comeback and eventually purchase season tickets themselves.But of course if we dont try these things nothing will improve
    Yeah watching them for 40 years doesn't qualify you to feel you are fed up with it apparently, even when you lived through it all before and worse but hey I must be the oldest spoilt brat in the country.

Quote Originally Posted by texaco cup
    In light of previous posts about lack of atmosphere at games and the way the club is beinging run.Surely this Saturday's game presents them with the ideal PR opportunity, by allowing fans to bring a friend along for say a fiver.The club have already got money from the season ticket holders for the game and I cant see how the will lose out with this ''fiver'' scheme.They will most likely have an increased attendance,create a better atmosphere,and do themselves some good community publicity in these times when spare cash is at a premium,especially after the festive period.Lets wait and see what happens
    They should give the guys wie the drum , especially for efforts at away games free season tickets they single handedly transform an away game especially when whats on the pitch is utterly utterly desperate. I don't know if its just the enthusiasm of youth but they have singly been the one bright light of an idea to emerge at the clu

Nobody is saying folk dont have the right to be fed up FFS its god awful to watch just now as it has been before and will be again in the future , sacking everyone , staying away , booing them on , blaming Burrows , the new manager is rubbish , theres no atmosphere , he isnt using youth.

Whatever all that garbage is it isnt supporting the club and thats what they need now , not boo'd on and off the pitch and not boycotts. Just what we need in a relegation fight , the fanbase to desert them

Ask not what your club can do for you ...

Quote Originally Posted by Motherwellboy
    Nobody is saying folk dont have the right to be fed up FFS its god awful to watch just now as it has been before and will be again in the future , sacking everyone , staying away , booing them on , blaming Burrows , the new manager is rubbish , theres no atmosphere , he isnt using youth.

Whatever all that garbage is it isnt supporting the club and thats what they need now , not boo'd on and off the pitch and not boycotts. Just what we need in a relegation fight , the fanbase to desert them

Fans are perfectly entitled to be pre disposed to the club anyway they fancy. Thats an entire range of positions. Sadly for the club that will involve folk who say "fpuck this I can do better things with my money". The club will of course hope that many fall into your category but history tells us that won't be the case.. have I fallen outta love with the club I loved .. yeah probably..

Times have changed Motherwellboy. The internet gives folks a voice and facilitates opinion in public. Football operates in a far more competitive market, and for many money is tight. People will choose their own path, "diehard" or not, according to the level of hold supporting/following the Club has on them weighed against their mood/determination to protest.

Quote Originally Posted by Motherwellboy

The diehards will always support the club and they'll be there as usual on Saturday. For others, yes its a case of what they can get out of a visit to Fir Park.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)