+ Visit Bolton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Joe Riley..

Joe Riley..

Has signed for Bury not heard how much for but i think he deserved a go in our 1st team before NL decided to let him go or was the deal done by Gartside!

re: Joe Riley..

Quote Originally Posted by campo21
    Has signed for Bury not heard how much for but i think he deserved a go in our 1st team before NL decided to let him go or was the deal done by Gartside!
    I don't think we need him tbh. Vela has played very well considering he isn't a natural left back and we also have McNaughton on loan. The youngster Whyte is a right back too, so I'm not surprised with his exit.

He still deserved a chance to shine under NL but i suppose with his injury past it would only be a matter of time before he broke down again,so i think it probably was the correct decision to let him leave we have enough long term sick notes at the club!

Looks like the youngsters will be flying through the door either on loan or cheap sales,

will there be enough in the kitty to buy a cup of coffee ?

Quote Originally Posted by klassnic
    Looks like the youngsters will be flying through the door either on loan or cheap sales,

will there be enough in the kitty to buy a cup of coffee ?
    Yes but not enough to have biscuit with it!

Quote Originally Posted by campo21
    He still deserved a chance to shine under NL but i suppose with his injury past it would only be a matter of time before he broke down again,so i think it probably was the correct decision to let him leave we have enough long term sick notes at the club!
    Christ campo make your mind up, give him a chance or let him go??

His contract was up at the end of the season so it's the only chance to get any money for him. At the end of the day he had a few decent games for us but no more. A great prospect but far too injury prone. I wish him well and hope we've inserted a sell-on clause in the deal with Bury

I can understand why we sold him JJ just wish NL had seen him play in 1st team but with his injury problems and his contact ending this year it was probably time for him to go.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)