+ Visit Tottenham Hotspur FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Tottenham Hotspur v Sunderland - Match Fred

Tottenham Hotspur v Sunderland - Match Fred

Lloris

Walker - Fazio - Vertonghen - Rose(if fit)

Stambouli - Mason(if fit)

Townsend - Eriksen - Chadli

Kane

2 - 0 Win (Kane and Chadli) .

YIDS

re: Tottenham Hotspur v Sunderland - Match Fred

I heard Defoe will probably make his Sunderland debut against us this weekend...

Somebody needs to have a word in somebodys ear, he's been sharpening up and training with us all week. Will be totally ridiculous if he starts for them and you just know he will score as his record for doing so on his debut is ridiculous.

You would have thought if there was an inkling of this we would have pulled the plug on him training with us as it looks bad that we've given him a leg up.

Could only happen at Spurs!

Jermain doesn`t score against the Big teams

Always scores on his debut though

Fazio and Kaboul both struggling with illness,
    and Chiriches has a bad back .
    So could see Eric Dier partnering Jan in Centre-Defence.

Mason and Lamela still missing .

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaas !

Fortunate with another late win, but we did deserve it in the end .

Some boy that Eriksen fellow .

Another gripping performance. The result in doubt right up until the final whistle. They could've scored a couple more against us if not for Hugo's brilliance.
    The one good thing is that we are an attacking team and keep trying to score goals, whilst other teams hope for lucky wins against the run of play. It can be frustrating but never boring.
    I'm waiting for something to be said about the offside decision for Jan's goal. A real schoolboy error on the part of the linesman and the referee. What if the score had been 1-1 at the time? I am sure there are thousands of linesmen around the world officiating in lowly leagues that would not have made such a stupid mistake. I still can't believe it could happen in the EPL??????

Quote Originally Posted by dogara
    Another gripping performance. The result in doubt right up until the final whistle. They could've scored a couple more against us if not for Hugo's brilliance.
    The one good thing is that we are an attacking team and keep trying to score goals, whilst other teams hope for lucky wins against the run of play. It can be frustrating but never boring.
    I'm waiting for something to be said about the offside decision for Jan's goal. A real schoolboy error on the part of the linesman and the referee. What if the score had been 1-1 at the time? I am sure there are thousands of linesmen around the world officiating in lowly leagues that would not have made such a stupid mistake. I still can't believe it could happen in the EPL??????
    Great comment, Dogara, about Jan's second goal.

What's the point of having the F.A. fourth official berk on the touchline, if all he does is endorse what happens in front of his eyes, even when it's an obv

I am with you on the Mendes goal CB. How many times did the commentators point out how long it had been since we won at Old Tartfull. Rankles a lot.

On Jan's goal I think the problem started when they called them assistant refs and they forgot what their main job was. Linesmen take up a position on the second last defender (usually the goalkeeper is the last defender) and when all the players (except the goalkeeper) are in the other half they stand on the halfway line. Theoretically you can only be offside if you receive the ball beyond where the linesman is standing. This was clearly not the case on Saturday.
    Is this the first time someone has scored in an empty goal when the keeper has gone up for a corner?

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)