+ Visit Sheffield Wednesday FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Hillsborough to Sheffield train station.

Hillsborough to Sheffield train station.

Hello. Just looking for a bit of information please.

Looking to come down to the Wednesday/Rovers game on March 4th, which is midweek.

Says the train station is about 3 miles from the ground but would I be likely to get there for 10pm after the game finishes? I'd be fine using a taxi or public transport but wanted some advice as to whether this would be realistic or not.

Thanks in advance.

re: Hillsborough to Sheffield train station.

You'd be cutting it really fine mate to try and get back to Midland Station for 10 O'clock after a night match, even in a taxi.
    If you caught the tram at Leppings Lane (yellow line) that would still take about half an hour (with the stoppages) then around ten minutes walk to the train station.

Sorry I can't help you any more than that...Your best bet is to book your taxi before the match and set off about twenty minutes from the end of the match..That's still pushing it tbh...

City taxi's phone number is 0114 239 3939

Appreciate the reply. Thank you

There's a train just before 11pm so I'll get that instead then.

You're welcome mate.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)