+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Money talks

Money talks

Just popped a post in the Championship Forum if you fancy checking it out. I can't get the link to show on this footymad forum. I posted:

Whilst it's a fairly obvious comment to say that money generally brings rewards, I decided to have a quick look on the internet to see what the three teams promoted into the Championship spent since promotion.

You can see that Brentford have spent well, however it does show that they had the money to spend in the first place. Wolves don't appear to have spent much but you could argue that their spending was done prior to promotion and therefore their squad was probably strong enough to do well anyway. We are not doing well but is it down to the fact that we don't have the money to spend on quality players? Probably not the only factor in our case but a major contributor.

At Rotherham much was made of the number of players that we signed, but looking on the internet Brentford signed 9 players to our 13; ok 13 is a lot but Brentford didn't exactly

re: Money talks

What about JCH thought he cost a fair wedge?

more than Bowery i belive Brin

Money talks obviously which is why we got back to back promotions.

You can argue that wolves have the power to spend 10k to 20k a week on one players wages.

Brentford signed 9, 5 off those players cost 2.5 million. .you can bet a player that cost a million is also going to be on 15k a week.

Jch was 300k I believe if that was a lump sum or 300k with add ons ie we atay up get promoted he scores so many goals/appearences I don't know.

Either way 500k is a lot off money to the working man but for 3 championship quality players it's a steal!!

Look at blackpool chris eagles ex man utd etc I bet hes on 10k a week wages or not far off it.

Walter how much did we spend on fees in those 2 promotion seasons??

I can bet agard cost bristol city more than we spent on fees! !

So its not exactly like we was big spenders.

There a difference between spending 30k and 300k

Quote Originally Posted by welovebooth
    Walter how much did we spend on fees in those 2 promotion seasons??

I can bet agard cost bristol city more than we spent on fees! !

So its not exactly like we was big spenders.

There a difference between spending 30k and 300k
    Im thinking by comparison to other clubs in league 1 and 2.

Like when RM took us up under Booth we had a bigger wage bill to those other clubs around us.