+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: 6 goals in 12 League games

6 goals in 12 League games

The title is enough- this is a shocking statistic and is simply not being addressed.

We should NOT sign any other position than strikers, and we need them now… (we needed them in October)

(Definition of Striker = someone who is a forward who is actually in goal scoring form…)

re: 6 goals in 12 League games

Don't agree

We need defenders

Sheffield Wednesday have scored 21 goals this season and are ninth in the table

We've scored 21 goals and we are 21st in the table

What would you give for us to finish 9th this season?

David...of these 12 games if I said pre season we would take a point off Cardiff...Forest...Weds and Huddersfield would you have been happy?

Cos that's what's happened pal so it's not as bad as you paint it...yes we need a striker more than anything but we are who we are with the budget we have...

Quote Originally Posted by jolly_roger
    Don't agree

We need defenders

Perfect stats of realism JR...Morgs and Arni have served us well the last two seasons but they have been found out this season miserably...Arni more than Morgs tbh...time for a change at the back like you've pointed out...and tell me the exact number of goals these two have scored the past two seasons...don't worry you don't have to take off your shoes and socks to continue counting the digits...they fit on two hands are am I being generous?

Quote Originally Posted by jolly_roger
    Don't agree

We need defenders

Yes a few teams get lucky by being hard to beat, but unless they, or any team, can find the net, it's simple... down you go. And I'm fed up of the argument about money... Evans has wasted 1000s this year getting loads of players that are not got enough, or he simply doesn't play, money that could have kept Agard here and kept us in this league with his goals.

I've moaned a lot lately but my heart and soul is in this club and I am just expressing my honest opinion that, at the Moment , I see nothing but poor decision making by Evans.

In the end I will celebrate as long and as hard as anyone if we stay up, but we will not stay up unless we get a striker who can score...

Quote Originally Posted by DavidEdinburgh
    Don't agree

We need defenders

David if you knew what Agard is on you'd freak out never mind his goal bonus..it's world's away from what we can pay...we can only compete with other big clubs with a new sponsor or mega millionaire which is very unlikely unless I can win the Euro millions with a mega win...

Yes a few teams get lucky by being hard to beat, but unless they, or any team, can find the net, it's simple... down you go. And I'm fed up of the argument about money... Evans has wasted 1000s this year getting loads of players that are not got enough, or he simply doesn't play, money that could have kept Agard here and kept us in this league with his goals.

I've moaned a lot lately but

Agree BUT...
    We also need a midfield thats gonna do its job, that is covering the defence and supplying the attack, yes its a two way job. Green is past his sell by date by miles and should be sent to Bury ASAP (if they'll have him). The midfield of the past few seasons, Fecks, Oconnor etc did both parts brilliantly. The current crop arnt a patch. Yes we need a goal scorer but we also need supply

Strikers, the most precious commodity in football throughout the world, it's not rocket science to realise we need one, but where is this magical place where they are lined up so we can go and get one or two? Quite a few on here think that SE knows where they are but he's just being pig-headed by not going and bringing one home. I've a sneaky feeling that there's no such place but I'm sure someone on here will correct me . If you do know of such a place, don't be mean , about 95% of other football clubs want one too, tell them where it is too