+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Grimsby Fan here with a little perspective

re: Grimsby Fan here with a little perspective

Ok, so I have been Asked the point of this.

As pointed out i am actually a Miller that through work mates follows Grimsby, so why write the above. Easy people listen to outside opinion. After the game yesterday I got into 3 discussions with fans about how apparently we are the poorest side they have ever seen. Really come on I said and straight away they turned nasty.

Look at the responses above, suddenly people wer thinking a bit rather than just typing. There's more positivity in this thread than I've seen for a while.

Basically some need to think more about where we have come from.

I'm sorry but you deliberately tried to mislead people. You stated you were a Grimsby fan. You used phrases like 'where YOU have come from..' You are typical of this board where people will say anything to score a point. Mark Thomas is supposed to be a decent bloke but when he is shown to be wrong about you he just ignores the point. He is also the guy who stated earlier in the season that RUFC were "as good as any team outside the top six." He now seems to have forgotten that. There's no honesty on this board just repetitive cliches about 'roller coasters' and 'In Evans we trust.' Some people even have the cheek to refer to Andy Scott, forgetting that Gramiller, Kempo and Play supported Scott right up until his dismissal and constantly attacked those of us who wanted him gone with daft statements about what our jobs were and shouldn't we leave it to the experts.

FaIr Point I did. But

[quote="monty_rhodes" He now seems to have forgotten that. There's no honesty on this board just repetitive cliches about 'roller coasters' and 'In Evans we trust.' Some people even have the cheek to refer to Andy Scott, forgetting that Gramiller, Kempo and Play supported Scott right up until his dismissal and constantly attacked those of us who wanted him gone with daft statements about what our jobs were and shouldn't we leave it to the experts.[/quote]

Steve Evans is not in the same league as Andy Scott...in

[quote="monty_rhodes" He now seems to have forgotten that. There's no honesty on this board just repetitive cliches about 'roller coasters' and 'In Evans we trust.' Some people even have the cheek to refer to Andy Scott, forgetting that Gramiller, Kempo and Play supported Scott right up until his dismissal and constantly attacked those of us who wanted him gone with daft statements about what our jobs were and shouldn't we leave it to the experts.[/quote]

Quote There's no honesty on this board

Gramiller, Kempo

Redhouse, you're typical of the problem on here. Firstly, I would not be unique to have READ this board before joining it, would I? Secondly, you - like most posters on here - constantly evade issues by pointing to flaws in other posters. If a judge says you shouldn't have hit your wife it's really no defence to say Monty Rhodes hits his wife as well. I think the Championship will be better off without RUFC and certainly without you lot. Painful for me to say after 50 odd years but I think it's true.

There's a strange symmetry to all this...somebody who is not a Millers fan, but pretending to be one, criticising somebody else who is a Millers fan, but is pretending not to be one!

I absolutely set out to mislead, but not in the way you have taken it, my intention was for some on here to just take five mins out and think about if things are as bad as they seam, if that meant making it sound from an outsider so be it. I must admit it was quite late when I had this thought process.

I personally don't think this board has too many problems, it is here to provoke thought, inform, wind people and spark conversation, all of which it does quite well, If there is an issue It is that many will never change their view even if someone posts a blindingly obvious point.

At the end of the day we all have opinions, this was a cheeky way to get you to listen to mine, maybe not the greatest plan, I will just say thought that it's not a point scoring thread as mentioned, I don't really have a clique on here to impress.

Anyway I'm not worried yet, I think with a few tweaks and the support of the fans we can stay up and build from there.

UTM

Quote Originally Posted by monty_rhodes
    Redhouse, you're typical of the problem on here. Firstly, I would not be unique to have READ this board before joining it, would I? Secondly, you - like most posters on here - constantly evade issues by pointing to flaws in other posters. If a judge says you shouldn't have hit your wife it's really no defence to say Monty Rhodes hits his wife as well. I think the Championship will be better off without RUFC and certainly without you lot. Painful for me to say after 50 odd years but I think it's true.
    Of course you did not do that to Myowzer and Mark Thomas

Ha ha I could see it was an imposter from 4500 miles away, but his points still stand.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12