+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: In truth...

In truth...

... we're in the Championship but we're not, as yet, Championship class. At this moment in time, our optimum level, the level that we could comfortably sustain with our current squad, would probably be about 10th in League 1 (in my opinion).

SE may talk about evolution but we're in a constant state of revolution. Evolution would see those no longer up to the required standard being replaced by higher calibre players to perpetuate progress. Bournemouth and Brentford are primes examples. Revolution, at least initially, brings chaos, disruption and uncertainty from which we have yet to emerge.

SE is a patchwork quilt maker, his twice (or thrice) yearly products being made up of loan signings, rejects, journeymen and the aging remnants of a distant League 2 promotion team. And, hitherto, with scant resources and few materials, he has to be credited with creating a successful, limited company. But without the ability to invest in new plant and machinery can he sell his homespun wares in

re: In truth...

Good post, however i dont share your optimism SE is not a championship manager/coach and this is becoming more and more obvious with every passing game.

re: In truth...

Quote Originally Posted by gazmadmiller
    Good post, however i dont share your optimism SE is not a championship manager/coach and this is becoming more and more obvious with every passing game.
    Oh yes he is he is the manager of Rotherham United and we are in the Championship