+ Visit Nottingham Forest FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: 1 Swallow A Summer Maketh Not

1 Swallow A Summer Maketh Not

Oh yes, we are all happy, that a possible thrashing has turned out to be a victory against our oldest rivals (sorry Notts fans).

It reminded me about another Pearce managerial game v Newcastle back in '97, expecting a 5-0 thrashing, I watched with joy as we scored a come from behind 2-1 win.

Suddenly it seems all the gloom has been lifted. Indeed it has but let's not forget what happened against Norwich. That too we turned defeat into victory and it seemed we were back on track. Then we all know what happened thereafter.

Let's not get too carried away. We all know we have a good team by and large, they can perform, they can compete. But they have failed so often in the past that we should get all excited. A victory over Derby does not matter much if it's followed by defeat at Fulham and a draw with Millwall.

We are 10 points off the pace of 6th place and have a very tough final 5 games - all the same opponents we played and failed miserably in October. Let's enjoy the win, the pla

re: 1 Swallow A Summer Maketh Not

I agreeth with thou.

Swallow?! I'd heard you prefer to spit, Romanis ...

Like most of the Pies fans on here as well as you guys all feeling relieved for Pearce you've got the whole of Derbyshire, Leicestershire and the classier half of Notts wanting to keep him there as well until that big Fawaz finger comes from the sky and points towards the door after he's sunk millions into the club with no discernible improvement in results.

Danny Mills knew him better than anyone.

"He gets teams going but after a while, players aren't stupid, they're not naive and they start to suss him out. He doesn't have the depth of football ability to back it up.

"Actually, he is not a great coach, he's not a great tactician, he's not a great motivator and he struggles with big players who question his authority."

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Briscoe
    Swallow?! I'd heard you prefer to spit, Romanis ...

Like most of the Pies fans on here as well as you guys all feeling relieved for Pearce you've got the whole of Derbyshire, Leicestershire and the classier half of Notts wanting to keep him there as well until that big Fawaz finger comes from the sky and points towards the door after he's sunk millions into the club with no discernible improvement in results.

Danny Mills knew him better than anyone.

"He gets teams going but after a while, players aren't stupid, they're not naive and they start to suss him out. He doesn't have the depth of football ability to back it up.

"Actually, he is not a great coach, he's not a great tactician, he's not a great motivator and he struggles with big players who question his authority."

It must be true then if Danny Mills says it.