+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: v Wigan

v Wigan

Steele, Lowe, Hanley, Kilgallon, Olsson, Marshall, Evans, Cairney, Conway, Rhodes, Brown.

Subs: Eastwood, King, Dunn, Baptiste, Williamson, Taylor, Duffy.

Five changes for Rovers as Kilgallon, Lowe, Evans, Conway and Brown come into the side.

Wielded the axe ..well done GB no one can argue with that after last weeks showing v Wolves. Hanley lucky to escape being dropped but would maybe have been a little unwise dropping both him and Duffy.
    Brown obviously in for Gestede who i believe has 4.5million head problems at the moment. Im presuming Lowe at full back and not Marshall ...

re: v Wigan

Absolutely woeful performance. I can't remember seeing worse, (although a lad told me it was slightly better than last week).

I cannot believe how far backwards the team has gone from last season. We have no midfield at all, none. Just a massive gaping hole in the middle. We were lucky today that Wigan are as p1ss poor as we are and a draw was a fair result. Some will point to the stats, we had 2 cleared off the line, but 3 points wouldn't have masked just how dire this team now is. Marshall at right back WTF???? Why? P1ss poor management there. Hanley selected, again p1ss poor management. He is a total liability and was lucky to be punched after slamming into McClean otherwise he may have had a red, worse is that had Hanley not been a total knob, McClean may well have been sent off, (and should have been for punching Hanley, but Hanley provoked it and it was an instant reaction). Hanley blew hot and cold again today, at times he showed he hasn't totally lost it, but he needs dropping

If ever there was a time for the 'powers that be' to step forward and explain their aims and grand plan, now is surely the time.
    Yet again we are at the point of all the s**t coming down upon the manager, and that just is not right with said man at helm.
    I said last week maybe he has lost the dressing room, from what I am gleaning from posters (and again from Dan above).
    I used the term (not my term), but a 'modern day term', that would seem to fit for us as it stands. The squad maybe have lost faith in GB, and if that is the case, it will be clear as such on the park.
    Again I must stress that my comments WRT GB maybe having to move over/on, is purely in the belief/understanding that 'the books' dictate we must go up this year.
    If our owners are happy/resigned to waiting a bit longer - fine (by me). Let GB finish the job of maintaining Champs mid table status. Clear a few more of the payroll. And then someone be consulted (hopefully un-biased/ reliable) as to who could be our next lea

[quote="Despair"]If ever there was a time for the 'powers that be' to step forward and explain their aims and grand plan, now is surely the time.
    Yet again we are at the point of all the s**t coming down upon the manager, and that just is not right with said man at helm.
    I said last week maybe he has lost the dressing room, from what I am gleaning from posters (and again from Dan above).
    I used the term (not my term), but a 'modern day term', that would seem to fit for us as it stands. The squad maybe have lost faith in GB, and if that is the case, it will be clear as such on the park.
    Again I must stress that my comments WRT GB maybe having to move over/on, is purely in the belief/understanding that 'the books' dictate we must go up this year.
    If our owners are happy/resigned to waiting a bit longer - fine (by me). Let GB finish the job of maintaining Champs mid table status. Clear a few more of the payroll. And then someone be consulted (hopefully un-bias

The lost the dressing room one, I'm not sure about Despair. I saw one of two things today, but I'm not sure which. 1. the players aren't playing for Bowyer and did a cr@p job of executing his instructions and maintaining their positions. or 2. they did the best they could to make an inappropriate formation and choice of personnel in places, work the best they could. But I really don’t know which.

Either way, it’s way below what could be done with these players.

As for the Venkey’s, I think they are as clueless as they were when they came and are just hoping GB turns it around. Shaw’s last recommendation was a disaster. So I bet they’re just stumped.

Quote Originally Posted by DanRrr
    The lost the dressing room one, I'm not sure about Despair. I saw one of two things today, but I'm not sure which. 1. the players aren't playing for Bowyer and did a cr@p job of executing his instructions and maintaining their positions. or 2. they did the best they could to make an inappropriate formation and choice of personnel in places, work the best they could. But I really don’t know which.

As for the Venkey’s, I think they are as clueless as they were when they came and are just hoping GB turns it around. Shaw’s last recommendation was a disaster. So I bet they’re just stumped.
    Dan - SOMEthing is clearly not gelling. It's a mystery to ME why Marshall is being used as a full-back, but I recall that many posters praised his performances there to the heavens when it was first tried. And, in theory, playing HIM there, rather than an out-and-out defender, should gi

The biggest mystery to me Aucks, is how it's ‘ungelled‘ so far. At the end of last season, they were unplayable, then a little off against Cardiff at the start of the season, then it's just looking messier and messier.

As for the players god know. I would be most surprised if any player thinks of the manager during the game. And as for considering the isolated components that hay have led to the mess I saw today. It’s all total guesswork. Some managers seem to be able to get teams to go out confident, decisive and playing in the right positions. Or maybe some managers get a group of players that are feeling confident, well motivated and will play well where they’re put. Who knows. I will not try and assume I know what the particular problems are, so it would be fruitless to claim to have an answer. However, my guess is that they did listen to their positional instructions, as Bowyer appeared calm most of the game. He didn’t appear to be trying to reposition anyone.

Hanley was in an u

If that is the case and it appears there is no losing of the dressing room, for me it's just as bad, or maybe worse in that GB is indeed inept tactically, and he does not know his players
    Motivational skills do not rely on badges or technical experience, a guy either has it, or hasn

Quote Originally Posted by Despair

If that is the case and it appears there is no losing of the dressing room, for me it's just as bad, or maybe worse in that GB is indeed inept tactically, and he does not know his players
    Motivational skills do not rely on badges or techn

Motiva

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)