+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: scout network

scout network

Read today that the manager is going to move our scouting network down south. It also said chief scout Bobby Jenks has will be no longer required. Something has to be done regarding bringing players to our club. the youth system also needs a complete overhaul in my opinion.

re: scout network

Agree Bobby Jenks has been a great servant to the club as been their over 30 yrs but now 67 and to be honest i have seen nothing coming through in recent years to get me excited. Really annoys me the success accies have in getting the pick of the youngsters as well as we seem for years to have let so many from our area end up their or even further afield as in dundee utd etc what are they doing we are not. It cant be rocket science surely the boys club should set their sights higher as accies seem to head hunt the better players yet we take anyone in other words accies grooming them from a very young age yet we treat it like someone running a boys club as a hobby which happens to be the way with most boys clubs but not if you are looking for professional players for the future

Accies set up is conducted in a professional manner and the boys are encouraged to express themselves on the park without any fear.They also tend to keep their numbers to a minimum thus producing good team ethics and players know they have a chance of playing every week and form a good understanding of what is required when they play regularly with the same group of players week on week.

What irritates me more is look at the transfer fees they can command. We used to get told by the glass half full merchants that we cant command big fees because its based on current salary and a host of other "limitations" well Accies have proved that "excuse" as utter bollox. I know the deal went flat but when did we ever hear of a club considering a 2 million pound bid for anything we have.

The Hamilton director said today in the paper something along the line of 2 million isnt enough for the lad, no time for the accies,but fair play to the way they run their club. They structure the deal so that the add ons keep some cash coming in over the next few years.
    If that was us the lad would have been sold to Altringham or Dover for 50K by now.
    Young lad across the street from me (who is a well fan) has choosen to join the Accies youth team over m/well. He was advised that Motherwells youth set up is nothing like it used to be and Accies would be the best for his development. His dad, also a well fan, was telling me this before Christmas. That really gutted me, but is a sad indication of how things are being done at the club just now. Just hope there is some ray of sunshine soon.

It sounds as though our Scouting system is getting a long overdue shake up. Well it hasn't worked for years so here's hoping...

Quote Originally Posted by andyss1886
    The Hamilton director said today in the paper something along the line of 2 million isnt enough for the lad, no time for the accies,but fair play to the way they run their club. They structure the deal so that the add ons keep some cash coming in over the next few years.
    If that was us the lad would have been sold to Altringham or Dover for 50K by now.
    Young lad across the street from me (who is a well fan) has choosen to join the Accies youth team over m/well. He was advised that Motherwells youth set up is nothing like it used to be and Accies would be the best for his development. His dad, also a well fan, was telling me this before Christmas. That really gutted me, but is a sad indication of how things are being done at the club just now. Just hope there is some ray of sunshine soon.
    True but if it that was us half our fans would have been saying for months he was worth nothing and we were lucky to get 50k for him.

Good news

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome_Devil
    True but if it that was us half our fans would have been saying for months he was worth noth

I think we have been stuck in the dark ages when it comes to our youth and scouting its so refreshing that changes are afoot it seems on both fronts.

We need to start producing young players to shift on for the the odd 500k plus range i do think a change in every dept is needed at the club from top to bottom.

Murphy fee was a joke,no money for Hutchy those were bankers cash right in our pockets but sadly we didnt cash in.

Quote Originally Posted by Half_Can_Dan
    bankers cash right in our pockets but sadly we didnt cash in.
    I agree we need to radically overhaul our youth set up. However neither of these players were perceived to be good enough to justify a large fee. Thats the truth of the matter. If there are no buyers there's little the club can do.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)