+ Visit Southampton FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: 25th richest club

25th richest club

Southampton. According to the latest Delloitte's report. Thank God we had Markus and Cortese rather than Storrie and Redknapp. What a transformation

I also noted this bit

Stadiums have capacity to frustrate
    /..the largest percentage increase of any club in the top 10 - the main barrier stopping them breaking into the top five is matchday revenue.

... just saying. - view external link

re: 25th richest club

If anything, this just shows how important the Sky revenue is to clubs outside the top 5 in England. I'm guessing that in 30-40 you'd probably find the rest of the Prem clubs.

I don't really see the matchday revenue as being the key to breaking into the top 5. The top 5 are so far ahead it's clear their revenue is coming from many other sources.

Maybe you need to win an Asia Cup?

Continued stability and improved league position seems to be the way forward. With large emphasis on youth development of course.

I'll take that all day long.

Considering the state the club was in 6 years ago that is truly outstanding.

Agree with Chis. Prem money is what is keeping a club in the bottom half of the table above some of the biggest clubs in some European leagues. I doubt a company like Deloittes has got it wrong about the importance of gate money though. Trouble is everything else will go up to match now.