+ Visit Carlisle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Predictocomp table

re: Predictocomp table

But by forecasting the score you are also forecasting the result. And you didn't state until today that the results forecast in these games would not count.

How was anyone supposed to know?

I don't mind playing by the rules, as long as they are clearly expressed in the first place. You can't just expect people to have the clairvoyance to know what you're thinking.

You should honour the rules you published in the first place, like I said - if you'd bothered to explain this in the first place my predictions would've been different. I feel like I've been handicapped by your own inept communication here - where is your spirit of fair play?

There are the rules (where the point on offer add up to 20), and the rules as you want them (where they add up to 24). I don't think they're confusing. You're being over-pedantic.

End of discussion.

Nonsense.

There are the rules you published to begin with and the rules you didn't bother to tell anyone about.

Clearly unsporting and ungentlemanly behaviour designed to give yourself an advantage. Your intransigence supports this view.

You basically have engineered yourself a two week head start by cheating. Shameless behaviour.

Quote Originally Posted by Piglet_Phoenix
    Nonsense.

There are the rules you published to begin with and the rules you didn't bother to tell anyone about.

Clearly unsporting and ungentlemanly behaviour designed to give yourself an advantage. Your intransigence supports this view.

You basically have engineered yourself a two week head start by cheating. Shameless behaviour.
    Like I said, under your rules You'd have got 4 more points; so would I. How have I tried to engineer an advantage for myself?

You are accusing me of cheating so I've let this argument go on so that all the facts are in the open. Others can decide where the truth lies.

You obviously gain an advantage if you know the rules and others do not.

I would've selected different games to score if you'd said that correct result predictions in these wouldn't count for one point. As organiser, you failed to state this from the outset and this had a clear impact on other competitors' predictions. Knowing this yourself gave you a clear advantage.

Giving players the score they should've had by the rules you stated at the outset doesn't rectify this under-hand behaviour completely. But this, along with an apology would be a good start.

I understand the rules. So does my dog.

Griff,if DNE means did not enter take another look,i make it another 5 points giving me a total of 8.

Sorry Pete; it's a good job one of us is awake. Missed that completely, and of course it's 5 points. Five out of 8 results aint bad. I'll change the table up top.

Quote Originally Posted by Piglet_Phoenix
    You obviously gain an advantage if you know the rules and others do not.

I would've selected different games to score if you'd said that correct result predictions in these wouldn't count for one point. As organiser, you failed to state this from the outset and this had a clear impact on other competitors' predictions. Knowing this yourself gave you a clear advantage.

Giving players the score they should've had by the rules you stated at the outset doesn't rectify this under-hand behaviour completely. But this, along with an apology would be a good start.
    I'm a lover of fantasy fiction Piglet, but I reckon I'd struggle to swallow that one..

Which one?

I think it's fairly obvious you would select different games to predict the score of under the new rules.

Basic logic would dictate that.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)