+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Summer Contracts

Summer Contracts

I know is very early days but based on the first half of the season who of the following would you offer new contracts to when:

Duggy
    Davis
    Tootle
    Grant
    Coco
    Oliver

Also who would you like to see us sign in the Summer?

re: Summer Contracts

Quote Originally Posted by Drapercrewe
    I know is very early days but based on the first half of the season who of the following would you offer new contracts to when:

Duggy
    Davis
    Tootle
    Grant
    Coco
    Oliver

Also who would you like to see us sign in the Summer?
    Already a poster has said that Duggy is joining Tranmere tomorrow...how true that is, I would not know.

Break the bank to keep Davis and particularly Grant. Grant is ***** to us.

My priority would be getting Ben Garrett to sigh a 12 month extension with the promise of a good move in 12/18 months time which I believe benefits the Alex and the player because we get him for another year and he gets another years experience. I would also be offering Grant and Davis and if Toots is out of contract, I personally think we owe it to him to offer him another deal

Duggy - no
    Davis - yes
    Tootle - maybe
    Grant--defo keep
    Coco== no
    Oliver - yes
    he will of improved a lot bein out on loan

wish list

brown - barnet
    dunk - cambridge
    dagnall - orient
    akinde ?

marsh brown

Keanu is a right-winger with bags of skill and pace to burn. He has won caps at U16 and U17 levels for England and was previously a youth player with Fulham and Arsenal. He won England C honours last season and apart from deliveries into the middle he is capable of weighing in with a number of spectacular goals. He is a very good finisher and creator of goalscoring opportunities. Keanu was the clubs topscorer last season with 13 goals.

Duggy: No
    Davis: YES
    Tootle: YES
    Grant: YES
    Coco: YES
    Oliver: PENDING - If we are relegated to L2, He could prove to be a useful player. Seemed quite a handful against Mansfield yesterday. If we manage to stay up, I think Haber deserves another opportunity.

Duggy - gone
    Davis - Yes
    Tootle - Yes but think he'll walk
    Grant - definitely
    Coco - No...with his injuries & misdemeanors I think it's time to let him go
    Oliver - If we go down - Yes, if we stay up - no

We'll need to replace Uche, Leigh and Ness with decent loanees.

I don't know why we aren't seriously considering Ness and Leigh. They're both young and looking to improve, and the Alex is giving them a chance.

If Ray hadn't been such a star on Saturday, I'd've sent him out: attitude and ability.

Harry D. is a cert, as is Grant.

I agree Coco is looking a bit of a liability.

Oliver? No. Mansfield play a totally different way to the Alex and he is more suited to their basic, ex-Conference style.

Toots? I think he'll rediscover his form; sign a two-year contract; and move on In January 2016.

Tate? Yes. A one-year contract as Mick has suggested. It's his influence on the others as much as his Steady-Eddie performances.

Injuries and off field issues notwithstanding, I'd've thought we might feel obliged to offer Colclough a contract to protect our investment in his development.

No rush though, a few months to see how things pan out on and off the field, needs to get back playing in U21 games at least.

I assume Harry will sign shortly, Duggy is gone, Ness will probably be beyond us wages wise, Grant will likely get a better financial offer elsewhere given he's been pretty consistent over best part of two seasons now (after an iffy start last season).

Assume we'll offer Toots a new deal but he'll leave - probably good for him to experience a different footballing environment, he owes us nothing and we can cover the position.

I can't see us reverting to Oliver though he does have potential and is still young, not sure he'll ever score enough goals and think we'll let him go.

Tate - yes - at least one year possibly two with the opportunity to coach, don't see how he deteriorates too much in terms of p

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast