+ Visit Tottenham Hotspur FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sheff Utd v Tottenham - League Cup SF 2nd Leg - Match Fred

Sheff Utd v Tottenham - League Cup SF 2nd Leg - Match Fred

Lloris
    Walker - Fazio - Vertonghen - Rose
    Stambouli - Mason
    Townsend - Eriksen - Chadli or Lamela
    Kane

1 - 1 .

re: Sheff Utd v Tottenham - League Cup SF 2nd Leg - Match Fred

Quote Originally Posted by TheArchibald80
    Lloris
    Walker - Fazio - Vertonghen - Rose
    Stambouli - Mason
    Townsend - Eriksen - Chadli or Lamela
    Kane

1 - 1 .
    After yesterdays disappointment, this game has become even more important.

COYS

Don`t know why quite a few of our fans are pretty worried about the game, like i said on the other thread - we`ll score and can`t see them getting three(even in 120mins) .
    The atmosphere will suit our players, they prefer playing away from home .

I hope you are right Archibald...

Quote Originally Posted by TheArchibald80
    Don`t know why quite a few of our fans are pretty worried about the game, like i said on the other thread - we`ll score and can`t see them getting three(even in 120mins) .
    The atmosphere will suit our players, they prefer playing away from home .
    Archie mate after losing at home to leicester and struggling to win the first leg against the blades we have every right to be worried.

Some Blades say whoever scores the first goal wins. We've been the underdog a few times recently and have always done well. Spurs always seem to under perform at Bramall Lane and many of our fans are expectant and genuinely belief we have a great chance to progress.

The main problem for us though is

Will Spurs score? I would say probably yes, 1 goal.

That means we need 3 goals and goal scoring has been a severe problem for us this season. Our defence is always good but It's rare that we score 2 or more goals.

Clough always plays cautious tactics and i exoect it to be 0-0 at half-time with no chances at either end. However in the 2nd half we'll go for it especially if we're kicking against the Kop.

My prediction is a close match but Spurs to go through, hope I'm wrong though.After Bradford beat Chelsea anything is possible.

There'll be a great atmosphere and our fans do have belief that we can make our first final since 1936. It's been a long long time coming.

Team news.

"Mauricio Pochettino reports no fresh injury concerns ahead of our Capital One Cup semi-final, second leg at Sheffield United on Wednesday night.
    Nacer Chadli returned to training today (Tuesday, January 27) but will not feature after taking time out following a family bereavement.
    “Nacer won't be available, we need to analyse his situation after 10 days away,” said Mauricio ahead of Tuesday’s training session. “Everyone else is okay and we will decide the squad after training.”
    Nabil Bentaleb remains on African Cup of Nations duty with Algeria."

COYS

LETS FAAAAAAAAAAKIN DO THIS !

YIDS YIDS YIDS YIDS YIDS YIDS YIDS

I've seen this story before repeated many times with Spurs, so sorry all but I think we are going out tonight.

Look at it this way.

Yes, we are one step from Wembley and thats a great incentive for our players and fans alike. But this is still just the Capitol One cup to us.

To them this is there Rocky vs. Apollo creed moment. You only have to look on there forums, look at Cloughie Jnr doing interviews, look at the determination on there players faces at the lane last week. Desire is the great leveller.

I just don't think its possible for our players to bridge the gap on sheer desire. Poch and the lads talk a good game but majority of our team have played in far bigger games than this, its just routine. The weekends game probably holds just as much importance if not more.

Plus the crowd is going to be intimidating as f*** and close to the pitch, I honestly don't think many fo our lot will see it coming even if they talk a good game about having to match desire blah blah...

Th

"Tottenham make eight changes from the side which was beaten at home by Leicester in the FA Cup. Harry Kane and Christian Eriksen are two of the notable players who start tonight.

Spurs XI:
    Vorm,
    Walker, Dier, Vertonghen, Davies;
    Mason, Stambouli;
    Lamela, Dembele, Eriksen;
    Kane

COYS

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)