+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Uche news

Uche news

Dissappointing news on the official site this morning, Uche has been recalled by Watford ahead of a move to another football league club

re: Uche news

Really disappointing. We'll miss him, and really grateful for the service that he's given us.

Whilst I understand and respect that he's Watford's player and it's up to them to decide where he plays his football, I can't help but feel more than a little annoyed with them. He only re-signed for us yesterday!

At least we now have LDV to step in with Haber as a different option and George (Billy? Callum?) as further backup fom the bench I guess

... or even Inman (is he still here???)

It will allow the loan goalkeeper to be included in a matchday squad but that is no real compensation for a major disappointment

Uche's agent requested that Watford recall him. As there is no loyalty in Football, should not really be surprised. Very surprised at Uche, however.

McGarry just tweeted #DRFC? Surely not!

should have let him take that pen!

He's got us through a tough run of fixtures, and into a position from which we can hope to kick on and survive.

Maybe his technique ran him the risk of being sent off by a punctilious referee, so that we could have been missing him for some games.

Anyway, LDV needs to be developed; he's a luxury as an impact sub.

Maybe we could get Vadaine back if things went pear-shaped.

We're not ovrly generous to agents, and it's no surprise that they'll do us down if they get the chance.

I'm a bit gutted as I really liked the lad. Same things happened to us with Hitchcock, who went off to Rotherham.

Uche will be remembered for the positives (thundering through with the ball at his feet and three defenders bouncing off him); and the negatives (petulance over the penalty; a penalty he won after falling over his own feet; and the blatant handball, from which he got up and then scored). Gillingham were not, deservedly, happy.

I just hope that this is the opportunity for Haber to step up a gear, and also bring the speedy talents of George Cooper back in.

Great shame. #DRFC not unlikely, they're looking for a striker, but what the advantage is to Uche of uprooting to go to them is anybody's guess. I can only surmise Watford would be less out of pocket if he plays there than they are whilst he's here. He'll be missed.

This for me, is a significant blow for us. There is no one in the squad who does what Uche does and indeed i can't think of many in the division. We saw at the weekend the value of Uche and people holding the ball up and bullying centre halves in the FA cup with West Brom and Bradford and allowing others to play off them.

Ok , people playing off Uche probably wasn't going to happen given that he doesn't like sharing the ball, but our other big strikers tend to just nod the ball on and it invariably ends up in their keepers hands and it starts an attack we are often out of position to start defending.

There was a comment in Matt Tootle's interview that i was surprised no one picked up on, the focus and headlines being the unjust rumours re his injury.
    Tootle said something on the lines of "the benefit of the forwards to hold up the ball should not be under estimated" and i think it's probably this point he was referring to.

Hopefully Haber can do it, but with Uche, you knew it was g

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast