+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Uche news

re: Uche news

Quote Originally Posted by Alexflyer95
    ... does this just confirm football is just money grabbing without any thought for fans ...

Since 1993, I'd say so!

Signed for Doncaster for 6 months with a view to a permanent move!! (according to the O/S) We've been done!

"with a view to a permanent move"

That's the reason then. His agent is looking to the future as he obviously doesn't feature in Watford's plans. Bigger salary at Donny than we'd offer, no doubt.

Were we given the opportunity? I guess we wouldn't compete with the likes of Doncaster, but maybe the player, if given the opportunity, would have signed for us as he seemed to like it here although his agent wouldn't have wanted that.

I feel very uneasy about this type of thing and appreciate loan players are just that. 'loans'.

But it was CAFC that got him fit. They gave him games to impress including the away teams like DRFC. The alternative was him still at Watford playing with the under 21 team.

So does he owe us anything at all? Loyalty is not a word that abounds in football circles is it. But it certainly has a tendency to P one off when this sort of thing happens though. But in the short time he was here he made a difference and we have improved a lot. So in that sense he owes us nothing I suppose.

It really would be interested in knowing what DRFC will pay him and if that was something we could match by having a different wages policy that rewards players differently and not one where 'apparently' they all get almost the same. But then we have never known what that amounts to or how it compares with any other club in the league.

Any decent academy structure that brings in transfer fees like

The real fly in the ointment, is that not only has he signed for DR on a 6 month loan, but that is also with a view to a permanent deal. Frustrating!

Interesting to note that after their 2-0 reverse at home on Saturday, Donny left Uche out of the entire matchday squad last night.

Quote from Donny website: "Any changes to Saturday’s side against Walsall would be assumed tactical"

Dropped then???

Hamstring strain according to DRFC website.

Quote Originally Posted by duschko
    Hamstring strain according to DRFC website.

Damn!
    Let's not let the facts get in the way of a good story!

Interesting...

I withdraw my previous remark in the light of the new information!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234