+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: A signing for Mick?

A signing for Mick?

Mick, you would like another number 7-type player, though I personally feel that this was an endangered species these days. But you watch the games.

Whatever, maybe Cristian Montano could be considered.

Interesting article on the BBC website about how he was implicated in the recent spot-fixing investigation, and on the strength of their presumption of his guilt, sacked by Oldham Athletic FC.

The case has collapsed, but in the meantime he had to go back to his native Colombia to get a game. He's more than a little bitter to see how the Latics would terminate his contract when he maintains he has done no wrong, yet roll out the red carpet for Ched Evans.

He's still desperate to be back, and playing, so maybe the Alex could stretch out a welcoming hand.

re: A signing for Mick?

Quote Originally Posted by VindePays2009
    Mick, you would like another number 7-type player, though I personally feel that this was an endangered species these days. But you watch the games.

Whatever, maybe Cristian Montano could be considered.

Interesting article on the BBC website about how he was implicated in the recent spot-fixing investigation, and on the strength of their presumption of his guilt, sacked by Oldham Athletic FC.

The case has collapsed, but in the meantime he had to go back to his native Colombia to get a game. He's more than a little bitter to see how the Latics would terminate his contract when he maintains he has done no wrong, yet roll out the red carpet for Ched Evans.

He's still desperate to be back, and playing, so maybe the Alex could stretch out a welcoming hand.
    Cheers VP. I have googled this player, as I could not recall seeing him play against us for Oldham. I see he played just 40 games for them before his release. Now he is pl

I remember him catching the eye and looking dangerous in our 1-1 draw at Boundary Park last September. I wouldn't complain if we brought him in, although I fail to see how he would fit in the current system, and would only take away from our own George Coopers playing time.

Quote Originally Posted by AlsagerCrewie
    I remember him catching the eye and looking dangerous in our 1-1 draw at Boundary Park last September. I wouldn't complain if we brought him in, although I fail to see how he would fit in the current system, and would only take away from our own George Coopers playing time.
    Cheers AC. We certainly would not want to disrupt the development of GC...he looks to have the makings of a very good player.