+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Squad looking healthier?

Squad looking healthier?

Things are starting to look up at long last. Youngsters have been given a chance and have done pretty well. Moore is back. A couple of signings possibly three. Hoping Las can come back in fairly soon. Competition for places starting to come back. The new guys will have to hit the ground running but feeling a whole load more positive than this time two weeks ago.

re: Squad looking healthier?

Agree things looking slightly better would like to have seen a forward/goalscorer come in,but am prepared for us to be going with the youngsters.

Jury's out IMO; we sign someone who cannae get a game for relegation-bound York, and lose Ojamma on the same day.
    Hopefully, we get a positive result Saturday; but, that's if the game actually goes ahead ... we haven't exactly covered ourselves in glory with 'weather threats' in the past. Lucky white heather anyone?

Ill wait until I see the players we've signed in action before I decide if its looking healthier. The one thing in their favour they have fpuck to beat to be an improvement. The club had two options do nothing or try something. They are trying something so I won't bitch about it. Will it save us ? next couple of games will tell.

In light of the recent weather conditions anybody think the club would be happy if game is called off to allow injuries to clear up and any new signings to get to know team mates etc.Or would they prefer to get game on and get some money in,if so why not ask for help to clear any snow away from access routes to stadium,something a lot of English clubs do to ensure game takes place.

Forecast for Friday and Saturday is clear and sunny though still cold so game should be fine

For reasons of cash flow alone the club will be anxious to play the game. Don't forget our last home game was postponed and our next one is a few weeks away. Forecast isn't too bad.

With regards to whether the squad looks healthier, it remains to be seen. I wish the new lads well but they are largely unknown quantities.

For me, an experienced left back that can help bring stability must be welcomed (even if he's nor leighton Baines). The lad from Notts Forrest sounds like he has a decent future but so did O'Brien and he's hardly inspired the motherwell masses.

Either way, we now have a lot of defenders on the books but in my view, no matter how good a defender is, if he doesn't get the protection he needs from midfield, then he is in trouble.

It's refreshing to hear talk of signing a front man replacement but given the departure of Ojaama, and our apparent inability to score goals, surely that was a given?

In order to score goals, we need to create opportunity. I hope IB knows what he's doing and knows enough about these new signings because of course, by stopping the opposition to score, it may stop us from losing. But, scoring goals wins games and that's wh

Its not just about ability as any manager will tell you its also about character and that was one reason for signing Anthony Straker according to the Boss. Certainly this season we have been lacking in character. I for one am prepared to sacrifice a degree of ability for spades of character and determination.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)