+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Crewe 0 -MKD 5

re: Crewe 0 -MKD 5

This is not a list of excuses - there aren't any against a side so much better - but the are just my views.

When Byron Moore left, and even before when he wasn't in the team, we had a habit of passing 'to him'. I felt the same yesterday with Ajose and LDV up front - we were passing to the bulldozer that is Ikpeazu, not the more subtle skills of those two.
    They were both absolutely flat up front. With a two-pronged attack, one needs to drop back a yard or so to throw the defence out of kilter. That gives midfield distributors an option. Yesterday it was the same loosely passed ball to the same style of player. I think Cooper should have come on earlier.
    The Alex passing was dire. Too soft, not accurate, and telegraphed so they could be cut out. This is the absolute opposite to the Alex reputation and 'way' of playing.
    The defence, apart from some decent touches by Tate, was torn apart. Simply not up to Championship standard, which MK Dons were.

Goals 1 and 2: We didn't stand a chance

Quote Originally Posted by PAULCAFC
    Yeah forgot they gave us an own goal there, so they've scored all the goals in our 2 games so that's 12 then.
    Paul,I am all for people stating their opinions on here,but why are you so negative all of the time ?

MK best team to come to Crewe in many a year, I actually thought we played ok..

Have to agree and disagree with you MikeSB. Yes they are the best team we have had here this season. Slick movement, good passing and hard to cope with.

Yes we were trounced, but by a vicious bunch of thugs who tried their hardest to seriously injure our players. They bullied us, they beat us up. Every attack we attempted to make they simply pulled us down, or chopped us. I am sorry but that is not football.

Remember that at least 7 of the 14 players we used were aged 18-20. I am not saying that because of this they should be pampered or expect opponents to go softly with them. The fact is a lot of our players were physically scared. Who can blame them. They are young lads just starting their football careers. Do they want to risk serious injury when they are just starting their professional football? We were turned over and got no protection from the ref. He was a disgrace.

Is it a coincidence that virtually all the top teams in league1 are extremely physical and violen

Fair point Lukcour although I personally didn't think they set out to rough us up as they didn't need to they were that good. The pitch didn't hinder them either as they glided over it with ease like thourough breds and to me all of their individual players were better than each of ours. GK excepted as we didn't test him.

I did ask Dario how come they were so good. Was it they had a millionaire backer and he didn't think so and I did add their academy was Cat3 not Cat2 Don't think he was impressed with our two strikers either. Also just for a laugh here. When we discussed Uche as being missed? He said he wouldn't have signed him!

Also don't think 17-20 year old's should get any more protection than anyone else as a foul is a foul and they are not up to it physically then they are not ready but in fairness none of ours have ever complained about that at all and just want to get into the games.

I did think MK were very strong and fit and looked two divisions above us and

As has been said many times this season, those at the top do appear to have the physical strength that is so much part of their play. However, MK Dons are a good footballing side, so why they had to resort to unfair means, really puzzles me. They hoodwinked the ref on several occasions (just as others have done in the past) and should have had more bookings and at least one man sent off. There was a clear elbow directed deliberately in the face of a Crewe player in that first 45.

They might be the best team to visit the Alex so far this season, but they will certainly not have it all their own way at the top of that table. Bristol winning today has put themselves 2 points clear at the top with a game in hand. Interestingly, a win for Bristol against the Dons next Saturday will take them 5 points clear. Then there is Swindon to take into the equation. Yes, they suffered defeat yesterday, but they are also a good footballing side and cannot be discounted from automatic promotio

Quote Originally Posted by supercrewe
    Yeah forgot they gave us an own goal there, so they've scored all the goals in our 2 games so that's 12 then.
    Paul,I am all for people stating their opinions on here,but why are you so negative all of the time ?[/quote

Don't think anyone in this league should be beating anyone else by 5 goals away, this is us though, good one week them some thing different the next, totally not good enough and David's tactics are woeful at many times!

Disgraceful again against them, so much for our revival ...

Yeah Paul, what about that revival? Never really got to hear much (anything?) from you during that run - as usual!

11-0 they've beaten us this season and that has flattered us!

11-1 man, 11-1 - if you're going to post, fine, be negative, that's your prerogative ... but at least get it right!!

This game is not an indication of anything other than MK Dons are too good for this league. No negatives to be taken from it, few positives, the game is best having a line drawn under it and moving on to the next one. This was a dead rubber IMO, I'm not annoyed or upset about the result as we were never going to get anything from it. Bring on Saturday.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12