+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vadaine

Vadaine

If Uche was recalled because players ARE recallable after 28 days, could we use this rule in our favour, to get a goalscorer in form,ly Oliver, back to Gresty Road? Class may be permanent, but form needs to be cashed in on.

It was predictable that the absence of Uche would lead to the usual powder-puff attack again, and a wimpish number of shots on goal. Stats of 8 fouls to the Dons before we committed our first one suggest that we were kicked off the park, and could do nothing about it. The problem of playing kids.

So, crude though Vadaine may be, he is willing and could be what we now need.

re: Vadaine

Quote Originally Posted by VindePays2009
    If Uche was recalled because players ARE recallable after 28 days, could we use this rule in our favour, to get a goalscorer in form,ly Oliver, back to Gresty Road? Class may be permanent, but form needs to be cashed in on.

It was predictable that the absence of Uche would lead to the usual powder-puff attack again, and a wimpish number of shots on goal. Stats of 8 fouls to the Dons before we committed our first one suggest that we were kicked off the park, and could do nothing about it. The problem of playing kids.

So, crude though Vadaine may be, he is willing and could be what we now need.
    Bring him back now...there was no way that Haber was going to feature from the bench today. I wonder if Haber no longer features in the plans of SD? Surely the reason that any player goes out on loan is to improve their play? Oliver scored again today. Perhaps the lad is ready to partner either Ajose or LDV up front. That par

Tbh i don't think this game would really show if LDV and Ajose would work well together, MK dons should clearly be in a higher league.

If Vadaine was the answer , he would still be here, it's as simple as that !

I agree that Ajose and LDV should be given more time to work together, as clearly they have been a success in training and one game against prospective League Champions is not a true indicator. However, they are both very similar players and sometimes it is necessary to have a big man (like Uche proved) playing alongside one of them.

I suggested recalling Oliver, mainly because Haber does not seem to be in SD's plans (also suggested on P & G last evening), especially considering that it was the smaller Inman who was drafted in to the game as a late substitute and not the Canadian. I may be completely off the radar with those thoughts and only time will tell whether Haber comes into the reckoning once more. However, I still stand by my statement that a player such as Oliver, goes on loan to further his development, just as in the case of Ness, Leigh and Ajose. We tried it with Molyneux last season. He came back to us and was given a fresh chance at the beginning of this season, on

I wouldn't say no to having Oliver back, yes he doesn't have the technical ability of say Chucks but makes up for it in effort. Similar to Pogba in many ways, lacks in ability but gives twice as much effort as the rest.

Also, thought Brad was lively when coming on, again MK Dons were just too strong but he looked bright, nice little flick on to cooper.

I don't think we should get too carried away with the MK Dons result they are the top side in league 1 and showed us why. Having said that our front 2 didn't get the required service today and didn't look convincing when they did get the ball, we missed Uche but he has gone now. We should give these 2 another chance although I have doubts about playing 2 forwards who cant hold onto the ball. Maybe Oliver is the answer as SD didn't want to give Haber a chance and the game was crying out for a big forward up front. I certainly wouldn't rule Oliver out.

Toots said it in his interview the other week - a large part of our recent revival was down to having a striker who could hold the ball up, thus giving the defence enough time to re-group.
    Uche clearly can do it, I have my doubts Vadaine could or can.
    Knocking in a few for 91st placed Mansfield is one thing ...!!
    That said, he may be worth another shot if his confidence has taken a boost but can he play that role?
    I won't be holding my breath!

To late in the season now to try Experimenting with players,it gives sounds of Desperation,or at least lack of planning by the Manager.

Quote Originally Posted by itwasin
    To late in the season now to try Experimenting with players,it gives sounds of Desperation,or at least lack of planning by the Manager.
    Red rag to a bull, the comments above.

SD has proved that his loan signings, plus the immergence of the youthful academy lads (Bailee, Jones, Garratt), have been a success in recent weeks, as we continue to make progress. Out of the bottom four following the Gillingham success for the first time since August and no longer looking down and out, as we did in the Autumn, when some were saying that we would be relegated by Xmas. His planning has been fine. No one can legislate for poor fortune, especially at a club on such a low budget. The team was set up pre-season to include Pogba, who simply turned his back on SD, after the man displayed great faith in the striker, when plucking him straight out of non-league football. Then there was the Uche fiasco. Once again, this was not the fault of a man

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast