+ Visit Birmingham City FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: STREWTH!

STREWTH!

A decent side comes to St Andrews and defends!!

A return to the good old days perhaps and a badge of progress under Rowett but unfortunately we weren't able to do much abut it.

Having got the team to absorb pressure Rowett now needs to get the to apply it effectively. A Plan B is required.

re: STREWTH!

A decent result today against an organised Norwich team.
    I think that when when mr Clarke was in charge we would have been pleased with a draw against them. Tell you what Kiwi, it was bloody cold at Stans yesterday proper bloody cold!!
    Keep well.

KRO

It shows how far we've come when a lot of fans felt it was a poor performance but if you analyse it the following day we can't be too downhearted. From playing on an energy sapping pitch at Sheffield he was forced to rest our best midfielder and it showed but for sheer grit and determination you just couldn't fault them. We are not the kind of side to roll over and die now and that ain't a bad start.

Rowett's stated philophosy is to counter attack and concede possession in certain areas of the pitch and the statistics from most recent games back this up.
    Sometimes it's not pretty to watch but there is no denying that he has been effective at Blues. But like Kiwi says we need to be much more ruthless when going forwards. What he has done superbly is improve the skills of some players who were distinctly below average under the previous management.
    Rg

When you think Redmond cost more than the whole of our team the result is good and
    shows the collective ability of the group under GR
    kro

Listening to the commentary it sounded like the defence was pretty solid and, with Morrison absent, Robinson in particular seemed to be very influential. Robbo has come in for a lot of stick on this forum and I wonder if anyone feels like he might deserve some praise this time around?

I agree although my feed wasn't that great he was much better apart from one horrible moment when he was caught completely the wrong side of his man who then incredibly volleyed over from about seven yards; when really we should have been punished there. Robinson's distribution was effective although generally we lacked penetration all round; unless Gray got on the ball.

I think Robinson benefited form having the seasoned international Spector alongside him; he seems to be a natural leader and his decision making is outstanding - a bit like Malcolm Page ; although he did seem to be suffering from ring rust a little as he did get caught under the ball a couple of times. Having said that Norwich, who look a decent side, were curiously unambitious as man for man they appeared superior to us; and they didn't really get a lot of balls into the box for us to defend.

I am grateful for the Australian summer when I can see steam rising off the players and the folks in the stands!

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)