+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Kevin Wright

Kevin Wright

I hope I'm not the only one who came away from the game feeling that he was one of the WORST refs we have had. I'm not saying we deserved anything out of the game ,we didn't, MK Dons were very very good.

Lewington their number 3 elbowed Ballie twice, once in the first 5 mins and just before half time i think. The second one was off the ball malicious and he should have seen red.

Mr Wright also counted 9 steps for a Ness free kick in the second half, the times he counted 10 the steps were tiny.

Strong penalty/edge of the box free kick shout for handball too.

Just lacked controll of the game and clearly didn't know when to dish out yellows.

Kevin Wright

He wasn't great...but tbh he didn't affect the result , Mk Dons were different gravy

re: Kevin Wright

Was he the ref who sent off chucks v wolves last season and whose brother was released by crewe has a youth

re: Kevin Wright

The performance of the referee did not affect the result, in my opinion, but it did affect the scoreline. Several threads have pointed out baffling decisions, or lack of them, such as no booking for the early foul on Ajose, completely ignoring the elbowing of Baillie by the ginger thug Lewington and not punishing the persistent fouling (even when he gave them) of the Number 5 until far too late.

A lot of people complained about the officials for the Bristol City match (including their manager) but at least he had the bottle to book and send off as required. I also think he had an easier job. . . yes, Bristol were physical in their approach, but it was there for all to see. MK were niggly, cynical and 'behind the back' in their approach. Great to watch when they had the ball they may have been, but they stooped to any level when we had the ball.

Will be interesting to see Swindon later in the season, but I would take Bristol to physically overwhelm MK - can you see Matt Smith taki