+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Allan Johnston Will Resign for Killie

re: Allan Johnston Will Resign for Killie

Agree Jardi.

Thought both McIntyre and Johnston made bad decisions. If they were to move it had to be for a decent step up - good solid English club say in League 1 or to one of the top 4 Scottish clubs. Johnston has now put himself in the category of"damaged goods" and will be fortunate to get back in any time soon. He left us high and dry and Sandy Clark couldn't wait to get away either.

Could Fowler be a target for Killie? I think not - having appointed an inexperiened manager last time they will be reluctant to dive in. Would I take AJ back if that happened? Possibly but there is part of me that says no out of principle.

As for Jim McIntyre that is an easier call. He seems to be getting further and further away from the Highland model that saw a decent number of local players coming through. Every time I look at their team lines they seem to have new players coming and going on a conveyor belt. No continuity and destined for the drop.

Have we got any budding Managers in our ra

JR, if Fowler continues to do well with us - although a couple of weeks ago many thought he was rubbish - you can add his to the list.

It's the nature of the beast that is Football and will continue in that vein. Players and Managers will move on to what they consider to be a progression or step-up.

I don't particularly like it either but that's how it is.

Jardi, great to see you being so positive about QOS considering some of the moans you have aired previously.

Rjc, I think Killie's interest in Fowler would be as Assistant/Coaching not as Manager.

What 'principle' is it you speak of ?

Surely any business would strongly consider a previous employee with an outstanding performance and achievement record such as AJ's.

Before anyone wades in, please note my previous post as I am not suggesting that Fowler should be ousted in favour of Johnston.

Unlike many others, I think he is doing a fine job with us but just wait until we lose another match and dare to drop to 5th again

I think if Fowler were to leave for the Asst role at Killie he would be mad but nothing would surprise me.

On the AJ front as I recall he mucked the club sbout a bit when he left for Killie. He kept the Board hanging about and as I recall the move was onff.

I suspect lthough may be wrong that the Board felt pretty let down by him and that may be the principle. That said they may be prepared to reappoint him but I suspect not.

Nith Valley there's a huge difference between moaning and being constructive.

In my humble opinion I still believe Queens need a replacement for Baird to provide 1) cover for Reilly and Lyle and 2) an incentive to those strikers to give 100% or face being replaced.

The BOD may disagree with me and the entire QOS support may disagree with me as well, but I believe that another striker would make a huge difference to the squad.

It may be that young Aiden Smith is able to step up to fill Lyle's boots in the last 20 and if that is so, then I will rest my case. Until he is able to do that, we need another striker.

However, I feel that I have made my point clearly and concisely and would now kindly ask that you and others stop casting up constructive suggestions as 'moaning' and that we move on.

Here's to a fantastic win tomorrow.

Not a team we have met too many times over our 90 plus year history and, overall, one we don't have a great record against - but in the 5 various cup matches v the Saints at Palmy Queens have won 4 and drawn the other so here's hoping that run can continue.

Allan Johnston has been incredibly naive if not downright stupid. I wouldn't be surprised if he leaves without compensation. If Danny Lennon and Billy Reid before him can't get another manager's job, at a decent level, there isn't much hope for AJ. Coming back to Queens as assistant manager would be a humiliation.

Just had a think about it and I would say Bill McClaren was the last boss who left us and went on to do well at his next club . That was some 25 years ago though ! The message is abundantly clear . Leave us thinking you are going to bigger things and FAIL big time . _----------;-On the subject of AJ , I am not surprised in the slightest . I said at the time that it was the wrong club and the wrong time for a rookie boss. Maybe I will take a slight satisfaction in being proved correct.

Allan Johnstone should be remembered at Palmerston for the right reasons & that's his record breaking season & his league & cup double .

He gave us one of the most exciting teams in QOS history & nobody will ever take that away from him .

Thought at the time he left too early but at the end of the day it was HIS decision and unfortunately it hasn't worked out for him .

Quote Originally Posted by JRSLEFTPEG
    Off the top of my head, what have Connolly, Chisholm, Johnston and McIntyre all got in common ?
    An inflated idea of their own ability.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluehome
    Off the top of my head, what have Connolly, Chisholm, Johnston and McIntyre all got in common ?
    An inflated idea of their own ability.[/quote] Good one . Not the answer I was looking for originally but I wouldn't argue against it either.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)