+ Visit Portsmouth FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Six Nations

re: Six Nations

Quote Originally Posted by chiswickmart
    I can't agree that there was anything dodgy about Wales' early try; rather that England fell for the sucker punch.

The late "no try" for England I would have given, but on review the ref was absolutely right to disallow it.
    1. The Wales try should not have counted because you're not allowed to stick your hands into the middle of the scrum and fish the ball back. Penalty to England.

2. I agree that there was a blocking offence for the England try. But if it occurs more than 2 phases before a try is scored (which it did) then the ref is not allowed to go back and look at it.

There were some other odd decisions too like the one where we kicked the ball out from our 22 and were adjudged incorrectly to have carried it back in. The England team got nothing from the ref, but still won comfortably. You could argue he should've awarded a penalty try when the Welsh winger was yellow

Englandv Italy
    Irelandv France
    Scotland v Wales

I'm going England, Ireland and hopefully Wales if they can manage to pull their fingers out of their arses!

England should win by at least 30. Ireland ought to beat the French comfortably. Who knows in the other? A resurgent Scottish team against a deflated Welsh one? I'll still go with the Welsh to just sneak it.

England, Ireland and Scotland for me

I want to get back to basics...Are W,I,S,E actually Nations ?

Wales kicked because they were made to by a very good English defence.

As for this week's results.
    I actually think England might put 50 points on Italy. Not because we are that good but they are that bad.
    France will turn up in Dublin and unless Johnny ***ton hits the ground running, I fear for them. France by 10.
    As for Wales, they're wounded but not down. Yet!
    Scotland were brilliant in the autumn series and unlucky in Paris. Vern has them playing to their strengths and with mercurial backs like Hogg I have them to win by 10
    $

France win in Dublin? Ireland gave all the S Hemisphere sides a decent run in November and beat at least one of them. The French are like the England football side, money ruining their National side at the expense of making strong clubs. I'll be amazed if they get even that close.

Wins for
    England
    Ireland
    Scotland

Simple really!

Quote Originally Posted by chiswickmart
    France win in Dublin? Ireland gave all the S Hemisphere sides a decent run in November and beat at least one of them. The French are like the England football side, money ruining their National side at the expense of making strong clubs. I'll be amazed if they get even that close.

At present the French are 15_6 down and your wisdom seems sound but Ireland have not beat France at the aviva ever!
    It's not over yet.

18_11 Ireland and true to legend, LUCKY!

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)