+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Colchester V Crewe

re: Colchester V Crewe

Quote Originally Posted by lestiverton
    George Ray, again at fault for conceding. Getting ridiculous the amount of goals he gifts.
    Up until him tripping it sounded as though he was having a very good game (listening to radio commentary). Be fair![/quote]

Good point, Lestiverton. As they say, all's well that ends well.

I heard the commentary too and it sounded that it was not only George who was at fault, but LDV initially for giving the ball away. We will have to wait until we hear a full report from first hand experience...someone who has actually seen the full game.

The main fact is, we are now four points clear of the trap door. Onwards and upwards.

When we gave a goal away at half time,I thought here we go again,then we went 3-1 up,I thought oh yes,then 3-2,.
    But the lads held on with 6 mins of injury time,well done,we can only keep going up.

Made my day, that has. Great result. Five goals last week; five this week, but this time in the right order.
    I was at the concrete mausoleum that is the home of Leicester City this afternoon to watch 'some proper Premier football' I was told.
    Dire. The pitch was the only thing that looked good. One decent footballer - Cambiaso - and even he was on the losing side.
    It'll be great to get back to GR on Tuesday and Saturday. Proper football, by proper players and watched by proper fans. ;-D

A great result and gives us greater confidence going into Tuesdays game.

Think we set out right for this one with Tate playing in front of the back four with great affect too as very confident on the ball.

First half was very even with neither team creating too many chances - when Davis got cautioned so early on I feared the worse.

Goal couldn't really be blamed on Ray completely as ball was lost before that and he just lost footing. To go in at half time was harsh to say the least.

Nevertheless the team came out fighting straight from the off and looked a completely different team - Jones seemed to be causing problems (despite a quite first half) and Ajose and LDV looked more threatening.

Jones' goal was well worked and great piece of play from Ajose.

2nd goal even better a great ball from Grant for Ajose to smash home.

Was pleasing to see haber introduced to give us something different although I think Ajose and LDV are forming a better partnership now and nice to have a big

3 points from a team below us, and the win moves us up (Cov look doomed). Need to win on Tuesday now, is it 9 points from the play offs...?

[quote="Drapercrewe"]A great result and gives us greater confidence going into Tuesdays game.

Think we set out right for this one with Tate playing in front of the back four with great affect too as very confident on the ball.

First half was very even with neither team creating too many chances - when Davis got cautioned so early on I feared the worse.

Goal couldn't really be blamed on Ray completely as ball was lost before that and he just lost footing. To go in at half time was harsh to say the least.

Nevertheless the team came out fighting straight from the off and looked a completely different team - Jones seemed to be causing problems (despite a quite first half) and Ajose and LDV looked more threatening.

Jones' goal was well worked and great piece of play from Ajose.

2nd goal even better a great ball from Grant for Ajose to smash home.

Was pleasing to see haber introduced to give us something different although I think Ajose and LDV are forming

Quote Originally Posted by GeraldHattrick
    3 points from a team below us, and the win moves us up (Cov look doomed). Need to win on Tuesday now, is it 9 points from the play offs...?
    Yes, it is that terrible goal difference that equates to the extra point that we would have to make up to reach the play-offs. It is beyond us really, but it is nice to dream. I really think that our aim this month should be to steer clear of the drop zone and then push on for a mid-table position. A few more wins could see us in that position and then see if we can go further. Just proves now that the MK Dons result really was irrelevant.

...,.and that life without Uche carries on,
    but let's not get too carried away, Yeovil will not be easy, they beat Bradford, and maybe AJ is warming up for a hat trick against us! Should be a good game though.

Aims still have to be to avoid relegation, hopefully finish above the Vale and really that'll do for this season.

I have to admit I thought the lose of Uche would be as deverstating as when Dean Ashton left some years back and the MK Dons result seemed to back that up fear, but hopefully I have been proven wrong.

For me yesterday proved once and for all that Ajose was the main man in the partnership , so as good as Uche is the loss of Ajose would have been greater.

A great performance, if you weren't there don't be kidded by the half time score, we were the better team by far for all of the game.

Ajose and Grant dominated the game in the second half and I can only see us winning more games than we lose before the end of the season , which will see us safe .

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast